6379Re: Becoming a New Member and/or Posting Comments on this site:

    Sep 21, 2012
      Hello Lady, Etznab, Janice, and All,
      As far as my religious views...
      well, I can't even say I'm a pagan.
      I don't believe in any religion.
      In some ways I'm both theist
      and deist, thus, I'm neither
      agnostic or atheist. I do believe
      that a deity or deities of some
      sort exist or existed and they
      began or seeded the universes.

      And, (IMO) I believe that there
      is some sort of "intervention."
      This is merely one reason as
      to why "spiritual/religious"
      experiences i.e. miracles were
      explained. People will naturally
      imagine/create, via the mind,
      all sorts of things. Religions
      have simply used these events/
      experiences to reenforce their
      hold upon people. Still, IMO,
      there are unexplainable mysterious
      non-religious connections.
      We can even call this a Soul
      to Soul connection linked to
      an overall network (Over-Soul
      i.e. Spirit).

      Thus, I do believe that there
      is a divine harmony of "spirit,"
      whereby, people can experience
      and/or tap into this "divine"
      (or not) mental-energy source.
      IMO We are all "plugged" into
      this network by various ways
      and means and at various
      levels (not planes).

      There are many variables.
      It could be that this "Source"
      is a mental and DNA link
      that expands as we open
      up certain areas of the mind.
      Thus, our potential is enabled
      more and more as we naturally
      use our curiosity to explore
      and expand via technology
      and new thought patterns.
      It's obvious, to me, that
      every individual is at their
      own unique stage of evolution.

      Group religions create a plateau
      and will merely close off and
      stunt potential growth/expansion
      of awareness for individuals.
      This is why all religions will
      use and rely upon "belief" and
      "faith" to reenforce their religious
      foundation. Klemp has done
      the same with Eckankar.

      ********************************

      When I was an EK leader I would
      go out of my way to talk to people
      individually, especially, after the
      EWS (ECK Worship Service). I
      would even encourage the cleric
      and other H.I.s or 4ths to talk
      to the newbies whether EKists
      or non-EKists instead of gathering
      in groups with their friends.

      I tried to give people what they
      were seeking but via of the EK
      teachings. Still, there's a lot of
      subjectivity. Unfortunately, the
      Guidelines and EK Dogma does
      tend to limit what one is supposed
      to share. And, it was difficult
      and somewhat frustrating to
      discuss the Eckankar dogma/belief
      with people who had not read
      of or understood (been suckered
      into) that special (pretend)
      relationship with the Inner
      Mahanta. This is where one
      develops a codependent
      relationship with an imaginary
      being who is, actually, ones
      own "inner" self.

      Anyway, I did greet, listen to
      and welcome-in those EKists
      who didn't show up often at
      EK events and those non-EKists
      who were curious about Eckankar
      and seeing what "ECKists" looked
      like.

      However, regardless of one's
      sincerity and confidence of
      belief, discussions of the "Divine"
      are still very subjective, and
      uniquely personal. Therefore
      I'm sure that everyone on this
      site (ESA) has a different and
      unique view, as well as, unique
      and private "spiritual" experiences
      that have led us to where we
      are now... wherever that is!
      I'm sure that it's still in flux
      as we continue to explore
      within our own semi-established
      beliefs.

      Prometheus

      "Lady" wrote:
      Just to clarify, really the only time I felt dismissed and had problems with the
      mixed messages I was getting, was when I went to class to learn about Eck at the
      group center. I only attended worship a few times, and found it VERY
      boring...yawn... But, a man (outside of Eck) who later became a friend that
      introduced me to Eck, was always very polite and kind, and told me what I wanted
      to know when I asked, but I really didn't always asked specific questions, I
      just wanted to know the spiritual stuff. Then a lady (also outside of Eck) who
      became a friend of mine told me she was an Eck, and she was pretty informative,
      but I couldn't wrap my head around all the details. She had been pagan, like I
      was at the time, and so we did talk a lot about soul travel and things like
      that. But, her life was so messed up and she was always so depressed, I
      wondered how her spiritual knowledge was helping her since she didn't seem to
      live it.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/ThePathOfTheMasters/ThePathOfTheMasters_djvu.txt

      > "[...] When Buddha was a poor, hungry beggar in pursuit of his
      > spiritual objectives, his true nobility stood out far more than it did
      > when he was in the midst of his father's royal splendors. When Rebazar
      > Tarzs might have commanded any army, so great was his mental energy,
      > walked the dusty streets when in his youth, tired and hungry, in order
      > that he might carry the spiritual message to the multitudes, his
      > greatness eclipsed all the splendors of this world. [....]"
      >
      > Based on: Letters to Gail, Volume 1, by Paul Twitchell (d. 1971),
      > Copyright 1973 ECKANKAR, Original copyright 1973 by Gail A. Twitchell;
      > copyright transferred to ECKANKAR 1982, 5th Printing-1983, p. 117, 2nd
      > paragraph.
      >
      > Are Gopal Das, Lai Tsi and Rebazar Tarzs all Jesus? Wait just a minute.
      > Don't forget Yaubl Sacabi.
      >
      > Here's another interesting quote (search the link pages for
      > corresponding quotes).
      >
      > TKTE - p. 40

      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0KObtCQpPKbZDhiNjhkZmQtNjI5Yy00ZTZlLWJjZDYtYjY3\
      Yzg1Y2I4Mzhj/edit?pli=1

      > PTP p. 21

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/82916572/Practicing-the-Presence-of-God-Joel-S-Goldsmi\
      th

      prometheus wrote:
> [...]
      > though an older EK discourse
      > uses the Crown Chakra technique.
      >
      > Other than that it's all about
      > selling and supporting Klemp's
      > ego and the EK Organization
      > which is Klemp's inherited
      > vocation and spiritual con.
      >
      > Thus, the survival of the EK
      > Org. and support of Klemp's
      > second rate books will continue
      > to be the central focus of Eckankar
      >
      > Prometheus
      >

      > Janice Pfeiffer wrote:

      > Thank you Lady for expressing just how I felt while I was in. You did
      > it so well. Looking back, I am wondering if a lot of high initiates
      > shy away from answering questions for newbies because they are afraid
      > they will say something that is frowned upon by Minneapolis and also
      > like you say show they don't know a lot anyway. When I was very new
      > and would talk about some experience I had, I often wondered if it was
      > jealousy that made some of them snap at me because I did so. It was
      > kind of like as a newbie, they couldn't tolerate you having experiences
      > they had not had. Thanks again for your posting.
      >
      > Lady wrote:
      >
      > Hello Prometheus et al. The reason I joined this group mostly is
      > because I was curious. I was actually googling the "Hu" looking for
      > some history behind it other than what Eck says it is and this came up.
      > I still enjoy singing the Hu, but I like chanting and doing chakra
      > clearing, etc. But, wow, I was so surprised to find out there were
      > people who felt about Eck like I did. I wasn't in it very long, but
      > having been a seeker for such a long time, I just had this feeling
      > somethings were just off. The biggest red flags for me was when I would
      > ask a higher intiate any questions, I just got the brush off and
      > eventually realized that most of them probably didn't know much more
      > than I did. I was born into the Catholic church, and I felt like every
      > time I asked a question, it was like I was committing a 'sin.' LOL!!!
      > But, I was looking for spiritual truth, not someone else's philosophy,
      > and although I felt that most of the people were nice and polite
      > enough, there was no re al substance, just regurgitated words of the
      > same thing. I have no animosity toward HK or Eck, probably because I
      > wasn't in that long, but it's nice to know I'm not deluded...which is
      > how I felt they were treating me when I wanted to know more. It's like
      > thinking I'm crazy when I finally come to realize everyone else around
      > me is and I'm the only sane one...It reminds me of the Twilight Zone
      > episode where this beautiful girl's face is wrapped in gauze, and the
      > doctors come in with surgical masks on and tell her they did their
      > best, but there was nothing they could do, that she would remain ugly
      > for the rest of her life, and they take their masks off and all have
      > pig faces...anyway. We can only hope the best for those still caught in
      > the deception, but I believe somewhere in their 'knower' that they know

      Rowan.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic