6285Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Why Don't ECKists See the Truth?

  • Janice Pfeiffer
    Aug 2, 2012
      It is a shame your brother would be abusive toward you because you didn't want eckankar.  I guess they think the more people they can convince, then the more right they can feel about believing.  It always seemed to me that they only abused lower members who didn't bow down and worship them as their superiors.

       I don't blame you for resenting it.  It is uncalled for from any religious sect.  I always disliked it when Christians would shovel out their beliefs like they couldn't accept anything but their own point of view.  Tell your brother to follow the example of his beloved leader and check himself into a mental institution.  Give him material that debunks his eckankar.  Maybe eckankar is driving some people nuts if they need to get aggressive about it.  If he is that forceful about it, I would worry about his mental state.  Maybe you should suggest he gets some counselling since he can't exercise reasonable control about his beliefs.

      How they justify the lies that Paul and others told is by saying it was necessary to get eckankar established.  These are things I was told as a new eckist by older eckist.  They know you are going to hear about the lies.   But if you are told another version by eckist first, you are more likely to ignore anyone who tries to point out the lies.  It is drummed into you that eckankar has to be protected from those who just don't understand how great it is.

      I think you do become numb about what others say about eckankar when you are in.  There's a subtle suggestion that eckankar is always under attack by non believers.  I never heard anyone suggest aggression because of it but it was suggested that caution was needed when discussing eckankar with outsiders.  What I got was that you don't talk about the org but it was okay to talk about what the teachings did for you in your own life.

      Besides, you only learn the truth about eckankar in degrees.  Newbies aren't told how the whole thing works.  They count on you getting hooked on the written works of eckankar before you learn the truth about how things really work.

      I take it you never were an eckist and it seems you want to understand how they can keep holding on to something based on lies.  I think it is because like with all spiritual teachings there is enough truth in what they read that they think it is worth while.  Paul compiled a lot of material that he gathered from various sources.  There is some good stuff there while there is also a lot of contradictions.  Some don't care that it was stolen material.  It is like they think Paul brought all the great teachings together for their benefit.  The biggest lie in eckankar is that eckankar is an ancient religion and instead of Paul stealing from other religions, they believe that other religions evolved from the ancient teachings of eckankar and only a select few can hear and see that eckankar is the original and true path.  Well, that is how it was spoon fed to me anyway.

      Now, they even advertise on TV.  What a crock of crap.  The great secret teachings of eckankar being peddled on TV like just another info-mercial. Membership must be way down.  Klemp must be getting desperate.  Need more slaves to bring in more money and continue dragging in new dues paying members.

      Are eckankar members in general getting more aggressive about increasing their numbers?  I couldn't say since I don't have any contact with any eckist.  That would be interesting to know however.

      I got to have one final dig at eckankar so here goes.  I remember that supposedly, the
      God man klemp has the ability to control the higher and lower worlds, so is it his fault that the whole world economy has gotten so bad?  Why doesn't he do something about it?  Has anyone heard what the great one has to say about it?