6284Re: Why Don't ECKists See the Truth?

  • Non
    Aug 1, 2012
      At what point does deception become self-deception and then it becomes what is really just an outright lie. What does it take to lie to yourself? Denial. But denial pays a price at some point. At first there may be some discomfort or even pain. So to deny must involve some level of numbing out, covering up, becoming ever more deluded.

      My brother was quite forceful in his attempts to get me involved in eckankar and to be a member. He became quite nasty about it even and still is. Yes, denial is the root of hypocrisy, an attempt to not feel the harm they do to others and to themselves. (and then there are those who are just pathological and do not feeling normal guilt and this does not keep them up at night or if it does it is the fault of their victims somehow)

      Truth to them is just TWISTED.

      noneckster ; )

      I was thinking about some
      of the lies we were told
      while in Eckankar and of
      how and why we accepted
      them so readily.

      For instance, there's the
      long standing rule that
      EKists don't proselytize,
      in part, due to the Law
      of Non-Interference.

      But, all this actually meant
      is that ECKists don't go
      door-to-door like Mormons
      and Jehovah Witnesses.
      Proselytizing means trying
      to:

      "proselytize |ˈpräsələˌtīz|
      verb [ with obj. ]
      convert or attempt to convert
      (someone) from one religion,
      belief, or opinion to another:

      the program did have a tremendous
      evangelical effect, proselytizing
      many | [ no obj. ] : proselytizing

      for converts | (as noun proselytizing) :
      no amount of proselytizing was
      going to change their minds.

      • advocate or promote (a belief
      or course of action): Davis wanted