6171On Transendental Meditatiion and eckankar

  • Non
    Apr 17, 2012
      I have known several people who were in TM and there were lots of problems in the community as well as many neglected kids, not to mention the cost. I heard recently that Opra is pushing TM and some small town where TM-ers are moving to. Now apparently they have their own schools for their kids with school uniforms. TM now has its own hierarchy and who knows what this means after the death of the founder. I guess they believe that their scam meditation mantras will bring about world peace. Kind of like eckists, they don't have to really "do" anything in the real world. There is also a lot of pseudo science going on as well.

      Here's some interesting web sites and funny videos:

      http://www.skepdic.com/tm.html

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfQuCGU0ZQ

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEF4SHLOPg&feature=related

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98aq0jBm1s&feature=related

> [...]