      From: etznab@... <etznab@...>
      Subject: Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Where I Stand
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, February 17, 2012, 10:19 PM

      "I read all kinds of stuff and find bits and pieces that are useful to
      me.I don't know if this is the best way or not to seek enlightenment
      but it is the only way I can go at this point."

      What I have found about reading is that readings don't always divulge
      their source(s), author(s) and history(s). In many cases (I have found,
      especially with religions and ancient history) most, if not all of
      those things appear to get embellished, and / or turn into pseudo
      man-made history and religion. If a "compiler" knows the source(s) from
      which they compile(d) and attribute(s) a different source, author,
      history ...? I naturally ask: What does it mean? Does it even convey
      natural events and history?

      The only thing I know to help is exploring and checking the "source(s)"
      of what I read. This is not something I did very much in the beginning
      with Eckankar writings. However, I think it probably one of the sure
      ways to arrive at a more comprehensive truth. Even if it means death of
      an ideal.

      The harder part, in my experience, is finding another more ideal ideal.
      One closer to the actual truth about God, Soul and Spiritual matters
      (Including what is heaven and hell really?). IMO, this - the final
      interpretation - does not have to hinge on the opinions, beliefs,
      writings of others alone. It can hinge on what I alone KNOW to be true.

      From: russrodnick &lt;russrodnick@...&gt;
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Where I Stand
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, February 17, 2012, 3:33 PM

        Good Day All!

      Take what is good and leave the rest behind.

      I naturally gravitated toward the part of Eckankar that had been
      missing in my spiritual practice and that something was the sound
      current.

      What I did was put faith in the lem though in my heart I know/knew that
      it was a crutch. I even stayed in for 33 years. I was afraid I would be
      severed from the sound current if I left. Absurd really.

      I came to my senses and I can say that the practice of chanting hu
      (there are many other words that are effective too}established in me an
      awareness of sound and light. So, I now have a certain beingness, a
      part of me that knows about this connection to the Higher Self.

      I also find myself wishing that PT had honored his real teachers and
      simply wrote his books as his own opinion. I don't know or really care
      about his motives. I believe that truth can be discovered anywhere but
      only with a quality of sincerety. Every teacher is limited but
      followers pull a teacher/leader into a position of authority. Not many
      can resist the pull. We humans under the pull of illusion have to
      believe that something is the greatest when in fact it might be new to
      us but pretty ordinary otherwise. Experience is indeed the best
      teacher.

      So, yea I got a lot out of eckankar but guess what? I got more out of
      leaving it and shaking off the dependency. I feel more empowered, real
      and clear about my reality. So, the final test of a disiple(sp) is to
      thank the teacher and move on. That's the honorable thing to do. imho.
      And avoid the master-chela trap and counsel others when possible to
      also avoid this trap. The power and love are within you.

      What I do know is that what is REAL stands the test of time. Let the bs
      faall awwaaaay.

      Russ

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic