6025Re: About Rebazar Tarzs

  • etznab18
    Jan 8, 2012
      (6)

      This one appears to include Rebazar Tarzs too.

      Very few knew that Paul Twitchell handed me [Duane Heppner] The Rod of Power in 2001, with Harold and an unconscious Joan standing in the background and watching. Harold decided to go with his attitude about Joan and her relationship with The Three Headed God instead of listening to The RealGuidance. I would like to thank Darwin and Harold and especially Joan for their cooperation in creating this adventure for me, because it helped motivate me to become The Great Writer I enjoy being today. [....]

      http://www.storyofmylife.com/User/user_story_view.aspx?storyId=4871&UserId=184140&ChapterId=8936

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "etznab18" <etznab@...> wrote:

      > Would anybody new to this group like to venture a guess at how many people once claimed, or now claim Rebazar as part of their teachings and / or lineage?
      >
      > I'll start the list (in chronological order if possible):
      >
      > (1)
      >
      > http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Rebazar/index.html
      >
      > (2)
      >
      > http://atom.org/
      >
      > (3)
      >
      > http://www.akatha.com/akathas-history-and-its-ties-with-sri-paul-twichell-and-the-old-pre-1972-eckankar-teachings.html
      >
      > [Not sure which (from the following list) appeared first. Akatha, Dhunami, or Anton Tonez.]
      >
      > (4) This is an old "Dhunami" link. The new (current link) doesn't appear to mention Rebazar Tarzs anywhere.
      >
      > http://web.archive.org/web/20100523142406/http://www.atomdoers.org/DhunMasters.html
      >
      > http://dhunami.com/
      >
      > (5)
      >
      > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.eckankar/browse_thread/thread/c00a0d3da539f700/befd9891989226d3?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Jambavat#befd9891989226d3
      >
      > http://www.aksharavidya.net/cms/upload/bilder/jambavat.jpg
      >
      > Did I miss any?
      >
      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "etznab18" <etznab@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The following two quotes are from Introduction to Eckankar, 1966 by Paul Twitchell
      > >
      > > "My sole purpose was to find the elusive Tibetan Lama, known as Rebazar Tarzs, of whom I had heard much of from the late Sudar Singh at Allahabad. [....] - p. 27
      > >
      > > "Sudar Singh often spoke of Rebazar Tarzs, a Tibetan saint, whom he said was reputed to be over five hundred years old, and was at the time, living in the foothills between Darjeeling and Gangtock somewhere ... ." - p. 28
      > >
      > > *********
      > >
      > > Apparently, according to the stories told by Paul Twitchell early on, he heard about Rebazar Tarzs from Sudar Singh; later on he would write (in so many words) that Sudar Singh led him to Rebazar Tarzs.
      > >
      > > When the glossary for Eckankar, The Key to Secret Worlds appeared in print, it said about Rebazar Tarzs:
      > >
      > > "The great ECK master living in the Hindu Kush mountains, supposedly over five hundred years old. He is the emissary of ECKANKAR in the physical universe." - p. 249
      > >
      > > *********
      > >
      > > Apparently then, Rebazar Tarzs fits the characterization of someone living near the Himalayas and reported to be over 500 years old.
      > >
      > > Since Radhasoami & Ruhani Satsang don't (far as I know) tell stories about a character fitting that description, I doubt the person (Sudar Singh) that Paul referred to (in this instance) could be Kirpal Singh. It would be more logical, IMO, to look at Swami Premananda and Kriya Yoga stories where the number 500 years and older does appear; and fits the description for a master said to be living in the same general neighborhood as (described by Paul for) Rebazar Tarzs.

> [...]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic