      From: Sharon <brighttigress@...>
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:44 PM
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Why Doesn't ECKankar Have More and Higher H.I.s?

      Hi Austin & Prometheus,

      Maybe it's just me, but reading the daily digest of this thread, it seems to me that there's some misunderstanding of what the other's saying.

      Austin - I think what you're saying perhaps refers to Prometheus frequently posting about initiations & the "glass ceiling", and not exactly the language he uses. "Eckspeak" is a handy term, plus any word using the prefix "eck" is, in my opinion, insulting - at least, that's how I always try to use it, like making up words like "eckancrap". Also, there's that cult language that's a part of every cult/religion/ (or sports! <gg>) - the way they express their beliefs & dogma - I can still speak/write that way because it's a very effective way of addressing the b.s. in a way even totally brainwashed true-blue ecksheep can understand, and then you can knock that particular belief down with the same "eckspeak", because ekult "teachings" don't even agree with themselves. Do you know what I mean? When you're in a foreign country, you need to speak the language in order to communicate effectively.

      Prometheus - I've noticed you frequently point out the ridiculousness of the initiation system. Now, don't take this the wrong way - you've been where I haven't been, up there at the "top". I have no idea how other eckists feel about those initiations, but I was never really that interested in them, I remember when I got my pink slip for my third, the letter said something like congratultions, you've mastered the astral plane - and I thought whoa, I haven't mastered earth yet and I doubt if I ever will!

      An eckist friend, years after I got out, admitted they thought it was all b.s. but dammit, they'd spent 20 years in the cult, and by golly they'd earned that 5th initiation, and they wanted to be able to perform marriages, etc. Good grief!!

      So, maybe the frequent bitching about how initiations have been slowed down & basically frozen over the years is a very effective way of communicating with eckists who give those initiations importance.

      On the other hand - and oh horrors, I feel awful about this, but perhaps, Prometheus, sometimes you come across as someone who'd placed a great deal of importance on the initiations and were pissed off that you were frozen. And I've learned that yes, although they meant nothing to me, they mean a lot to many eckists, some of whom seem to base their self-worth on their Official Cult ID card.

      I never knew many HIs, and to be honest, was a bit shocked when towards the end I attended a big seminar & volunteered, and got a *very* bad impression of HIs as a group, they seemed like a bunch of total idiots who were stuck on themselves and their "status".

      I think it's quite possible that many start out because of a true spirituality, but the cult places so much emphasis on "advancement", on recruiting, earning more initiations, giving "service" to the cult - which means recruiting and putting on programs & stuff to keep current members busy with cult stuff. In fact, I think few people are aware of what Twitch's original plans for cult members were, to keep them busy 24/7 with books, tapes, doing the spex, going to meetings, and writing reports about what they were learning, etc. He quickly learned that it wasn't necessary to keep his ecksheep so busy, though - and he didn't have to work as hard as he originally thought he'd have to.

      I remember awhile back, reading one of Klemp's "new" discourses, I forget which specific one it was, but it focused on the issue of the "outer" initiations being slowed down, and said that people shouldn't be concerned because they'd get lots of inner "mini" initiations - ha, like 5.1, etc. This IMO is just another way the cult gets people to fantasize whatever they need to keep them happy & continue to send in their $.

      I remember years back, comments about the whole world's "spiritual progress", like when they made hu-chants "public" and started the Official Cult Sunday Worship Service - some eckists were disturbed that the high-holey "hu" seemed to be being downgraded, but my group's HI, who often seemed disturbed about things personally but kept her mouth shut & did as she was told, explained that the "public" hu-chants had lower "vibes" than the "higher" members-only ones. And when they started the Official Clergy thing, which seemed to me (and others) as totally not-eck, she explained that it didn't really mean anything, it just made it possible for eckists to visit in prisons & hospitals, etc., and get better parking spaces. <gg>

      Supposedly, the whole earth grew spiritually, I forget which initiation it's supposedly in, but unless they totally dropped that particular nonsense, I'd think it would've gotten another one by now! <gg> Whether it "earned" it or not.

      Okay, just some thoughts here!!

      Hugs,

      Sharon