5925Re: The So-Called and Imagined Advantages of ECK Membership

  • Diana Stanley
    Oct 30, 2011
      I remember,when Darwin was the eck, that Gail had a seminar about SunaSu, that was a vitamin and protien supplement her an Paul had created, She talked Darwin into appearing and saying how great it was.
      It was supposed to be for the public. As you can imagine when the eckist heard about it we all showed up!!! By the way I recieved it free every month,so I could keep painting for them i guess. I did'nt take it as it made me sick. This is the first time I have revealed my dark little secret. Now I feel better. Are they still selling it by the way?
      Diana

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non" <eckchains@...> wrote:

      > This reminds me of the current bombardment of Mormon TV ads. All of these persons in the ads try to convince you of how wonderful and normal their lives are and the last statement they say is "...and I am Mormon". Ekists will do the same thing at first, a wolf in sheep's clothing, hiding their bizarre beliefs.
      >
      > As far as ekankar curing all that ails you? No, in fact It often seems to me that there is more of a sense of additional suffering when things don't go well, especially health problems. It's kind of like what happened with Steve Jobs. At one point in his life he believed that he didn't need to shower because of his vegan diet and spiritual beliefs even though his coworkers had filed complaints. His beliefs may have opened up a wealth of creativity, but I think he was already a creative guy and very intelligent. This did not make him the most compassionate of persons, from what I understand about his Biography, even though he was supposedly a Zen Buddhist. He was also prone to a similar MAGIKAL thinking that ekists fall for. Steve Jobs tried psychics, some kind of macro vegan diet, acupuncture, etc., when it is quite possible that he was fortunate to have had the type of pancreatic cancer that could have been cured with surgery, but he didn't like the idea of someone cutting his body open.
      >
      > My experience with some ekists though, is that when push comes to shove, they go with what their doctors tell them they should do, especially if their spouse has anything to say about it. It's "as if" they have a split personality. That can't feel very good.
      >
      > It's all just MAGIKAL thinking that ekankar and klemp do anything, but may in fact cause a form of suffering by keeping them in a state of delusional self-contempt and anxiety, as they can't really live up to expectations that are always out of reach. Without true compassion, life is just kind of miserable IMHO. To err is Human and life is just not that easy, even for the richest guy in the cemetery.
      >
      > noneckster ; )

      > > Would anybody like to
      > > comment upon PT's and,
      > > now, Klemp's snake-oil

> [...]