5750Re: Questions for the Master... Jan/2011 (#3) [Masturbation]

    Apr 12, 2011
      Hello Diana and All,
      Maybe that was the message the
      staff got from Darwin, but I don't
      recall that there were restrictions
      for the rest of us.

      Klemp, I don't recall, ever said
      anything. Then again, people
      tend to hear what they want to
      hear... it's selective.

      There has always been a lot of
      "hooking up" at major seminars
      and even at regionals! After all,
      it's the ECK philosophy that makes
      it okay. It's the "unfinished karma"
      thing.

      Therefore, ECKists feel that it's okay
      to resolve their sexual karma without
      taking responsibility for the repercussions
      because, it is taught, one has to resolve
      past life karma in order to move onward
      spiritually. Therefore, a laissez-faire
      attitude develops and seems prevalent
      among ECKists. And, let's not forget,
      5ths Initiates, and above, are karma free.
      So, for them, there are no restrictions
      and anything is okay... they are above
      the law of karma! Still, there seems to
      be some old fashioned rationalizing that
      takes place and the "unresolved karma"
      excuse pops its head up once again!

      That's why there are so many divorces
      and so much dating within Eckankar.

      If things had gone differently, for me,
      I'd probably be at the ESC and hooked
      up with a staffer. Thank goodness that
      my karma and spiritual guidance has
      been followed as it has, "there but by
      the Grace of God go I."

      Prometheus

      dianastanley wrote:
      Re: Questions for the Master... Jan/2011 (#3) [Masturbation]

      what Darwin said to his male staff that
      at seminars to keep their pants zipped.
      After the seminar was another matter.
      Diana