      for what they are. At one time I had
      certain ECKists upon pedestals and
      as I learned more and had more clarity
      of consciousness I saw through that
      mindset and the error in that belief.

      There are always "experts" out there
      and/or those for us to admire, but
      that's the problem. We can use what
      others give us but we have to be careful
      with placing them above us.

      In Eckankar I was given one piece of
      information, or a perspective, that
      prepared me to see more clearly when
      Ford came out with the truth about
      Twitchell and the others including
      Klemp. It was, "Soul equals Soul."

      Once we take everyone down off their
      pedestals that we've placed them upon,
      or they've placed themselves upon, then
      we can start seeing them as being "peer."
      But, this isn't what they want us to see,
      nor what we, ourselves, desire either!

      Sure, many people have special talents
      that either come naturally or with lots
      of effort, but it still doesn't mean that
      they are better than any of us. However,
      one's ego wants and needs them to be
      special and in control, plus, they like the
      attention. For some people, even negative
      attention is better than being ignored.
      This is why some children act up. The
      negative attention is better than none
      at all.

      Klemp likes attention but not the
      responsibilities he's created for himself.
      This is why he never takes responsibility
      on any level even though he is responsible
      for all decisions made at and coming from
      the ESC. Instead, Klemp hits the ball back
      into the court of the Initiates under him.
      It's always their fault and their responsibility
      and not his. HK's above responsibility and
      "is a law unto himself."

      But, if it wasn't for Darwin Gross Klemp
      would either be a 7th or 8th initiate and still
      be working at the ESC. He's nothing special.
      But, now, he always has to let EKists know
      who's in charge. He's always introduced, or
      mentioning that he's the (14th Initiate) Mahanta/
      LEM i.e. the ECK, the Godman. Then he says
      I'm not perfect or I'm just like you and you
      aren't to worship (me) the Mahanta. But,
      when one is encouraged to have complete
      reliance upon the Mahanta/God (Klemp) for
      all things and to stare at his picture or to
      dream about him, then, what does this really
      say? I don't see a "Soul=Soul" or "I'm not
      perfect" image being projected... just the
      opposite!

      Anyway, this is the "trap" AND the "test"
      that people go through. What we should
      be doing is sharing this admiration and
      high esteem with ourselves. Let's assume
      that Soul equals Soul. Therefore, as Soul,
      we can all share in the divine nature that
      other Souls project. But, what about the
      harm that Souls do to other Souls?

      Life is both a series of traps and tests.
      We try to do what's best, or we deem
      best, while limiting the negative effects
      of what both the traps and tests have
      upon us. Sometimes we create or cause
      our own traps and tests and sometimes
      others, or nature, does that for us. It's
      hard to say how much "karma" or divine
      nudges are involved with this experiment
      of life. It's a mystery that we have to seek
      to uncover for ourselves and with a little
      help from our friends.

      Prometheus

      dianastanley wrote:

      The first people we look to for answers
      is are parents. Then peers and teachers.
      Always thinking some one must have
      the answers to our questions. When
      we become interested in finding God
      we either follow are parents religion
      or begin a search.

      I don't know how many books I read,
      paths I followed until I discovered
      that if you are in your house you
      don't need a path to find it. The book
      Quantum Consciousness by Steven
      wolinsky started me on the journey
      back to myself. I can say from experience
      that following someone else is a lot
      easier plus you have someone to blame
      if it doesn't work out!!!!

      Diana

      prometheus wrote:

> [...]
      > Krishnamurti, has represented to you the Truth; so you will build a temple,
      you
      > will then begin to have ceremonies, to invent phrases.,dogmas, systems of
      > beliefs, creeds, and to create philos ophies. If you build great foundations
      > upon me, the individual, you will be caught in that house, in that temple, and
      > so you will have to have another Teacher to come and extricate you from that
      > temple, pull you out of that narrowness in order to liberate you; but the
      human
      > mind is such that you will build another temple round Him, and so it will go
      on
      > and on. But those who understand, who do not depend on authority, who hold all
      > peoples in their hearts, will not build temples - they will really understand.
      > [....]
      >
      > http://norea.net/krishnamurti/truth.htm
      >
      > Krishnamurti (IMO) was chosen (in his youth), groomed and propped up by the
      > Theosophical Society to be some sort of "World Teacher". In the end, he
      > apparently went his own way.
      >
      > "[....] His new direction reached a climax in 1929, when he rebuffed attempts
      by
      > Leadbeater and Besant to continue with the Order of the Star. Krishnamurti
      > dissolved the Order during the annual Star Camp at Ommen, the Netherlands, on
      3
      > August 1929[83] in front of Annie Besant, three thousand members, and a radio
      > audience.[84] In the so-called Dissolution Speech, he stated that he made his
      > decision after 'careful consideration' during the previous two years, ... .
      > [....]"
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti#Break_with_the_past
      >
      > I thought some interesting things were mentioned in the first link about Who
      > Brings the Truth? My impression was that Krishnamurti was breaking away from
      > dogma built up around him by others and was asking people to find the truth
      for
      > themselves. Interesting that.
      >
      > Did Paul Twitchell, Darwin Gross or Harold Klemp do this for members and
      > followers of Eckankar? Perhaps some of it in the wording of Eck teachings but,
      > as the organization grew, so the "Mahanta" mythology also grew. Eventually
      there
      > would come a time (1980s) where people were asked (told?) to choose between
      one
      > person or another. Darwin or Harold, it seems. And this kind of thing is not
      > unique to Eckankar.
      > Other groups have fought over succession, or who was the rightful and
      authentic
      > "Teacher". I'm not only talking Shiite and Sunni.
      >
      > The symbol of "World Teacher" was something become popular during the 20th
      > century (at least). The latter 1800s and early 1900s saw numbers of people who
      > later contributed to "spiritual movements" in some way. Sant Mat and
      Radhasoami