5478Re: The changes in Eckankar from the view point of an old timer

  • dianastanley43
    Dec 30, 2010

      > Hello Diana,
      > Who did Paul find love with other than Gail?
      > Was it Anitya Foos? Is it true that Gail was
      > with Darwin in Oregon while Paul was dying
      > in Cincinnati? I wonder how long Paul knew
      > about their affair?
      >
      > Can you tell us about your painting where
      > Darwin was passed the Rod of ECK Power
      > by Paul with Rebazar standing near by?
      >
      > That was what the painting depicted wasn't
      > it?
      >
      > The thing is, Paul had translated and was
      > No Longer the "Living" ECK Master and,
      > therefore, according to ECKankar dogma,
      > Paul was no longer eligible to pass the
      > Rod. It's only the LEM or the "torchbearer"
      > (the fictitious Rebazar) who can pass it on.
      >
      > Yes, Joan was Klemp's secretary for several
      > years (prior to their marriage) and traveled
      > with him to seminars. I remember seeing
      > them together at the Golden Heart Campout
      > back around the Summer of 1987.
      >
      > I always thought it was strange that Marge
      > still hung around doing her EK thing. She
      > seems to have accepted Harold's disloyalty
      > rather well. However, I'm certain that HK has
      > made Joan a 9th initiate while Marge, I'm
      > assuming, is still an 8th.
      >
      > What things did you see that "were terribly wrong?"
      >
      > I know that Darwin was a womanizer and a
      > friend who worked at the ESC in Menlo Park
      > told me how he would approach women staffers,
      > but I have to take what she said with a grain
      > of salt because she was somewhat nutty from
      > too much EK brainwashing. She would tell me
      > that he repeated things to her twice (versus
      > 3 times) and that this was, thus, personalizing
      > it rather than using a spiritual "Principle of
      > the Threes approach.
      >
      > This same H.I. friend told me that the reason
      > she came to reject Harold, and ECKankar,
      > back around 1990, was due to her divorce.
      > She married a RESA and HK had a pre-maritial
      > meeting with them where he gave them and
      > their marriage his "blessings." I think Marge
      > officiated the wedding. Anyway, the marriage
      > didn't work out and she blamed HK because
      > his "Blessings" didn't work either. Thus, HK
      > was/is a phony! She was very angry with him
      > because Harold had told them that their
      > marriage was karmically pre-destined. She
      > was given the impression that this was a
      > "good" thing.
      >
      > BTW- Were you still in touch with 8th initiate
      > Millie Moore around the time of her death?
      > I know that Millie was (still) smoking and Klemp
      > was playing this down, although, people were
      > reporting this back to him.
      >
      > It took me several years to, basically, get over
      > the brainwashing of the EK teachings. It took
      > longer to stop asking, looking to, or calling
      > upon the "Mahanta." I never really saw this
      > ideal Inner Master as being one and the same
      > with Klemp. In truth, our own Inner master
      > can be called mahanta or Soul, etc... It's each
      > of us! Klemp is merely an impersonator!
      >
      > Prometheus
      >
      > Diana wrote:
> [...]
      About the painting of the passing of the rod of power. When I painted it I was not even a second initiate, I was living with Helen Baird, who at the Time was a 5th also I was friends with Millie and yes I did talk to her shortly before she died.

      Anyway these higher initiates all told me what the passing was like, when it would happen and I should meditate.
      The Painting was a combination of what was told to me and my own imagination also I have always had some ESP abilities so I'm sure I picked up a lot of stray thoughts. So much for that.
      I did hear that when Darwin fell from Grace Harold and others went into the desert, Did somekind of ceremony and burned it then buried it! At least it got a good funerel. The thing that mystifys me is if they went to all that trouble,did they believe that it was what really happened and like a sacred object that had been cursed it had to be ceremonally destroyed? I kind of like that.

      By the way what is a RESA?

      Darwin was Drunk a lot of the time so I am not surprized if he repeated things. He also was on pain killers for his shoulder.

      To be honest I can't remember all the allful things that were wrong.
      I know Harold wrote me a letter thanking me for not talking. We had become pretty good friends before Darwin chose him to be the next Eck Master. The thing was Darwin figured he could get the heat off,as he had become too indiscreate in some of his activities,by having Harold as Eck Master and Darwin could stay in the back ground as the Mahanta and still have access to the Eckakar credit card.
    • Show all 91 messages in this topic