5337Re: Worship of Personality

  • jonathanjohns96
    Sep 7, 2010
      "avonblue1212" wrote:

      "I always found it ironic the way eckankar claims its followers are taught to not worship the personality of the master but instead to recognize the inner consciousness of whomever this being happens to be in the physical. Yet with increasing frequency since the Twitch/Gross era, numerous photos of Klemp have been produced and marketed to the ekkie public. Furthermore, as has been noted by others repeatedly, the photo(s) of Klemp are all of the pre-gray/balding/thinner man. I recall numerous conversations and discussions in classes, seminars, literature where eckists (or Klemp himself) would chastise those not able to make the "spiritual" jump from Paul to Darwin or Darwin to Klemp, claiming they were worshipping or "attached" to the man, not recognizing the inner consciousness beyond the physical form."

      Very valid point, avonblue1212.

      I know people may be getting tired of my stories about "what happened at he Eck canter," but this is another topic I brought up there. Sometime in my last year in Eckankar (2008) I was at the local Eck center in the room where the huge photo of Klemp is high up on the wall. I mentioned to some of the Eckists there about how I was genuinely concerned about what I perceived as "worshiping the personality of Harold" and how this was not a good idea, and how Harold was not going to live forever, and how worship of Paul created a big problem with many people leaving Eckankar when he died.

      As you may have already guessed, these comments went over like a lead balloon. People looked at me like I was an alien from outer space or something for saying something so ludicrous. So this conversation with these Eckists was one more thing that made me realize just how delusional these people are, and how they live in their own world. By the way, these people were all 30-year higher initiates.

      From my point of view, this experience was like that old saying "No good deed goes unpunished." I was trying to help Eckankar avert another disaster like when Paul died, but nobody there wanted to hear my "stupid" opinion. They seemed to act like Klemp was never going to die, or perhaps they just couldn't deal with the possibility of that happening. Which tells me that they aren't going to deal with it very well when it does happen.

      By the way, a member of Eckankar who probably knew the facts, once told me that when Paul died, about one-third of the membership left. I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen when Klemp dies.

      And as I read Ecknankar's secret publications like the Mystic World and Hi Newsletter, what I generally saw was Klemp encouraging people to worship him more.

      I may be wrong, but the way things looked to me in December of 2008, I saw Eckankar setting itself up for another disaster like when Twitchell died. I think the reason why Eckankar is encouraging its members to worship Klemp is because they want to keep them stuck in Eckankar.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic