5336Worship of Personality

  • avonblue1212
    Sep 6, 2010
      I always found it ironic the way eckankar claims its followers are taught to not worship the personality of the master but instead to recognize the inner consciousness of whomever this being happens to be in the physical. Yet with increasing frequency since the Twitch/Gross era, numerous photos of Klemp have been produced and marketed to the ekkie public. Furthermore, as has been noted by others repeatedly, the photo(s) of Klemp are all of the pre-gray/balding/thinner man. I recall numerous conversations and discussions in classes, seminars, literature where eckists (or Klemp himself) would chastise those not able to make the "spiritual" jump from Paul to Darwin or Darwin to Klemp, claiming they were worshipping or "attached" to the man, not recognizing the inner consciousness beyond the physical form.

      In MIchael Largo's new book, "God's Lunatics" he's created an encyclopedia of the ridiculous and comical to the horrific and maniacal search for god as expressed in every conceivable religious practice throughout the ages (he even cites eckankar with Venusian origins). Most interesting is his description of the Cult of Personality or Celebrity Worship.

      He claims Khrushchev was the first to use the phrase "cult of personality" in reference to his disapproval of Stalin's massive media campaign to elevate himself to a god. He tells how Hitler, Mao, Saddam, Kim-Jong-II and others of this ilk who "made their omniscient presence a part of daily life through the proliferation of their image." These images, he states, were accompanied by the message of their goodness, wisdom and power and this influence was impossible to escape.

      Does this sound at all familiar? I find it very revealing of the cult ethics this organization openly utilizes but never professes to. Having been there I know how difficult it is to see the trickery when you're caught in the brainwashing and taught over and over to "trust" the "master" or trust your inner guidance. Of course the inner guidance eckists believe they have has all been expertly crafted from their very first days of participation. How? Remember being taught to avoid the writings of other teachers/practices and only read ek literature in the beginning as it will "confuse you" and slow your progress? If you shun, doubt, disregard the "master" you risk becoming lost in the astral worlds... , really? So we're supposed to accept a farm boy from Wisconsin was sent here to guide us back - that we have no ability or inherent wisdom ourselves? If we don't accept eckankar over any number of crackpot philosophies out there we'll have to return again and again until we do? Wow - I actually believed some of this stuff!!!

      More interesting but beyond the scope of this post is what neuroscience has revealed about the mind and it's functional ability and deficits as well as what quantum physics has revealed about the seen and unseen physical universe over the last 10 years or so. Seems all the stuff of religion and spirituality is emerging science after all. All the inner powers and gifts that eck claimed to offer was there all along. Take a little time to investigate even the layman books on these subjects - it's fascinating. Of course that's if you can get by the other ek credo that looks at the mind, and rational thought for that matter, as just a lowly bodily function.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic