5243Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Ford's Second Open Letter to Klemp

    Feb 27, 2010
      That was interesting what you said about
      "Mahanta".

      Just the other day I was trying to remember
      exactly where Paul Twitchell describes HIS
      experience receiving the "Rod of Eck Power"
      and becoming the Mahanta, the Living Eck
      Master October 22nd, 1965. (was it?)

      Was that the date?

      I assumed the writing about it would have to
      be subsequent to October 1965. So I looked
      for books after that date.

      The Flute of God came out in installments
      in the Orion magazine in 1966 - and Intro.
      to Eckankar seems to be 1966, too (I don't
      have that last book.) The Tiger's Fang came
      out in 1967, but was reportedly written about
      1957 according to Doug and 1956 according
      to Darwin Gross, I think.

      1968 is when the Wisdom Notes come out
      (January). MSIA developed (The first seminar
      took place on May 4, 1968). The July W.N.
      mentions "ECK Master", I believe, and then
      various other forms of "Master".

      All About ECK, The Key to Eckankar and
      In My Soul I Am Free came out in 1968.

      It was the January 1969 W.N. that mentioned
      "Mahanta", if I remember correctly. Stranger
      By The River, The Flute of God and Eckankar,
      The Key to Secret Worlds came out in 1969,
      I believe. (That would be the edited version of
      The Flute of God).

      The Shariyats came out (or being "translated")
      from the 1970s and I believe Paul suggested
      he was going to explain the "Mahanta" there in
      one of them, at least. Or talk more about the
      "Mahanta, the Living Eck Master".

      The February 1970 Wisdom Note mentions
      "MAHANTA - the living ECK Master" I believe.

      OK. So where in all these books since 1965
      does Paul Twitchell write about his receiving
      of the "R.O.E.P." from Rebazar Tarzs? Does
      anybody remember? Maybe he talked about
      it at a seminar and it's on tape?

      I'd like to find out when that experience was
      mentioned and what was said about it to get
      an idea about what "history" might exist.

      Don't mean to change the thread subject, but
      I thought this query could be relevant to the
      "Mahanta" topic.

      From: Ford Johnson

      April 2, 2004

      Dear Harold,

      It has now been about eight months since my original open letter to you
      at which
      time I outlined my reasons for writing Confessions of a God Seeker and
      developing the New Spiritual Paradigm, which emerged from the
      experiences
      chronicled in that book. Since that time, we have heard from numerous
      Eckists
      and former-Eckists hopeful that Eckankar would either acknowledge the
      deception
      and remove it from the Eckankar works or correct the record and reveal
      the
      fallacy in the facts presented in Confessions. It is now clear that you
      and the
      leadership of Eckankar have no intention of truthfully removing or even
      acknowledging the historical fabrication, spiritual deception and
      insidious
      curses that are rampant throughout the Eckankar works. This is
      especially true
      in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, which you tout as the quintessential book
      that
      Eckists should read and follow. But what you do not tell them is that
      this book,
      more than all the others, infuses the consciousness of the reader with
      an
      avalanche of thought forms, which trap the seeker in an illusory and
      fabricated
      paradigm that is ringed with a battery of curses, and psychic control
      devices.
      They activate whenever an Eckist questions too much or openly doubts
      any aspect
      of the teaching. In other words, complete loyalty and the suspension of
      critical
      thought and discernment is the price one must pay to remain a loyal
      Eckists. And
      unlike your earlier rhetoric, which reflected a tolerance for those who
      question, such seekers are now regarded as miscreants, and in your
      terms,
      "weeds." This is a remarkable reversal of opinion for one who regards
      himself as
      "God made flesh."

      Most recently, your comments in the March, 2004 Mystic World and in the
      2004
      renewal letters to Eckists and Peter Skelsky's response in the
      Chanhassen
      Villager (November 12, 2003) and, using the name of the local RESA, in
      the
      Ghanaian Times (February 26, 2004) reveals Eckankar's true position on
      the
      revelations in Confessions of a God Seeker. While I understand the
      difficulty
      inherent in admitting to some of the excesses of Paul Twitchell and his
      tendency
      to exaggerate and prevaricate, Eckankar's continued failure to
      acknowledge the
      obvious deception and fabrication, engaging instead in character
      assassination
      and disingenuous platitudes, only undermines the good that Eckankar
      could have
      represented. Further, it erodes your credibility and that of Eckankar
      and
      encourages the open exposure of this deception, which recently occurred
      in a
      series of public exchanges in Ghana, West Africa.

      Outlined below are excerpts from an article that appeared in the
      Ghanaian Times
      newspaper in response to a rebuttal placed by Eckankar in that paper.
      Eckankar's Ghanaian Times response is a restatement of the stance
      articulated by
      Peter Skelsky and by you in several recent publications. This article,
      which
      responded to those statements, reveals some of the hidden truth about
      Eckankar.
      These revelations represent but a fraction of the story exposed in
      Confessions.
      As difficult as it may be for Eckists to confront or believe, the facts
      presented below speak for themselves for they are taken from the
      written works
      of Eckankar and as such have never been denied by or redacted by you or
      by
      Eckankar.

      · · · · ·

      (Excerpted, with modifications, from a March 15th, 2004 Ghanaian Times
      article)

      "Spiritual Leader of Eckankarä Claims Title Of `Son of God' "

      Contradicting the central tenet of Christianity that Jesus is "The Son
      of God,"
      the Religion of Eckankar claims that its spiritual leader, Harold Klemp,
      actually holds that distinction. The written works of Eckankar claim
      that Harold
      Klemp the Mahanta the Living Eck Master is:

      "[T]he Son of God. This same expression was used to describe Christ
      during his
      stay on earth." (Twitchell, The Spiritual Notebook, 2nd Ed. 1990, p.18)

      Born of a Virgin: "The Eck enters into the womb of a virgin, the queen
      of
      heaven…. [A] man child is born…then the chosen one learns that he is
      the Living
      Eck Master." (Twitchell, Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book I, 2nd Ed. 1987, pp.
      111-112)

      "God made flesh on earth…the representative of Sugmad [God] in our
      midst today"
      (Twitchell, The Spiritual Notebook, 2nd Ed. 1990, p.223)

      These are just a few of the hundreds of startling claims that make up
      the
      doctrine and dogma of Eckankar. These claims are blindly accepted by
      Eckists
      because they cannot conceive that their spiritual leaders would ever
      mislead or
      deceive them. Yet, the spuriousness of these claims is obvious to all
      but the
      deceived. These are not the words of "critics that come and go" as
      Eckankar
      would have its followers believe, but words taken from the "holy" books
      of
      Eckankar, which form the very foundation of this religion.

      Is Eckankar Anti-religion and Anti-Christian?

      In a recent article in the Ghanaian Times, Eckankar portrayed the
      author of the
      new book Confessions of a God Seeker, as anti-religion and
      anti-Christian. In
      truth, Confessions consistently portrays an anti-deception,
      anti-mythology (as
      religion), anti-lie perspective while recognizing the need for and the
      role
      religions have played in the world. Eckankar, on the other hand,
      portrayed
      itself as a supporter of religions when it wrote, "Eckankar respects all
      religions. Each of us must decide our own path home to God…." This is
      the benign
      face of Eckankar that is shown to the world and those new to its
      teachings. But
      the hidden face of Eckankar, which often remains hidden from the
      faithful even
      after they have been indoctrinated, is quite different. These passages
      ¾ with
      references ¾ are taken directly from Eckankar's "Bible" called the
      Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad.

      "[T]he mission of the Mahanta [Harold Klemp the Spiritual Leader of
      Eckankar] on
      this earth is to stir the millions of non-initiated [followers of other
      religions] into revolt against all orthodox religions." (Twitchell,
      Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book I, 1st Ed. 1982, p. 181)

      "Those who listen to Niranjan [Satan] are listening to the false
      prophet. The
      sweet whispers of this negative genius [the Devil] are heard in the
      voices of …
      the preachers, clergy and priests who represent the old orthodox
      religions [e.g.
      Christianity]." (Twitchell, Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book I, 1st Ed., 1982,
      p. 44-45)

      "[P]riests and clergy have … joined religious orders for the sake of
      their
      livelihood. A true seeker of the Eck cannot have much regard for such
      persons.... Such persons do not belong on the same level as the chelas
      [followers] of Eckankar." (Twitchell, Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book II, 2nd
      Ed. 1988,
      p. 225)

      Here is the real Eckankar doctrine, taken from their own "Bible." The
      truth
      about Eckankar and its religious tolerance could not be more opposite
      their
      public platitudes.

      Are There Many Paths To God?

      Another misrepresentation presented by Eckankar in its Ghanaian Times
      article
      is: "There are many paths that lead you to God. As children of God, we
      each have
      the spiritual freedom to choose the path that works for us. This
      freedom is
      given us by God." This is the public face of Eckankar. Here is the
      private face,
      the one found in its written works. These quotes, (with references) are
      also
      taken from the Eckankar "Bible" and other books by Eckankar's founder,
      Paul
      Twitchell.

      "It is not possible to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven except through
      the
      teachings of Eckankar" (Twitchell, Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book I, 2nd Ed.
      1987, p.
      96)

      "All these things can be learned through the medium of ECKANKAR, the
      only and
      universal path to God" (Twitchell, The Spiritual Notebook, 2nd Ed.
      1990, p. 15)

      "Again and again I have pointed out that there is no other path than
      ECK[ANKAR]…. [A]nyone who tries another path is trying to start on a
      lower rung.
      It seems so foolish for anyone…to select a spiritual path…when it is
      laid out
      for him to move on to the original and only path to God." (Twitchell,
      The
      Spiritual Notebook, 2nd Ed. 1990, p. 221]

      This is the real Eckankar with its masks removed. Eckankar's disdain for
      Christianity and all other religions could not be clearer or more
      duplicitous.

      Eckankar "Invented" In 1965 By Paul Twitchell

      It is now reasonably apparent that Paul Twitchell, the founder of
      Eckankar,
      suffered from a condition known as mythomania (pathological lying). This
      condition explains how a novelist turned spiritual leader could claim
      that his
      new religion, created in 1965, was the oldest religion in the world.
      Paul
      Twitchell, according to his wife and co-founder, "made up the whole
      thing."
      Perhaps that is why she has had nothing to do with this teaching since.
      Twitchell magically transformed a 1965 for-profit company into a
      religion and
      bestowed upon himself the exalted title of Mahanta the Living Eck
      Master. He
      even invented an absurd story for how this all happened. According to
      Twitchell, he received his title and a mystical Rod of Power — another
      Twitchellian fiction — from a 400-year-old master named Rebazar Tarzs,
      who
      supposedly is still living in the flesh, in the Hindu Kush Mountains of
      Northern
      Tibet. But this fictionalized master, as well as all the others created
      by
      Twitchell, was part of an invented ancient spiritual sect known as the
      Vairagi
      Order (a name that he stole from an order in India). These invented
      "masters"
      first appeared in print around 1965 as he substituted their names for
      those of
      real spiritual teachers he had included in earlier versions of the same
      books.

      But in the early years, before Twitchell claimed that his new religion
      was "the
      oldest world religion", he was more candid about its true origins. He
      wrote:

      "Eckankar, which I formed out of my own experience… is the term used
      for the
      philosophy I have developed for the Cliff hanger. It is based on
      Shabda-Yoga, a
      way out form of Yoga" (Twitchell, "The Bilocation Philosophy," p. 52;
      Johnson,
      Confessions of a God Seeker, p.132, 142)

      Even the current leader of Eckankar, Harold Klemp had to acknowledge
      the recent
      beginnings of Eckankar, and therefore of the fiction of the Mahanta,
      the Living
      Eck Master, when he admitted:

      "[Eckankar] was not used to describe any religious doctrines [the
      Mahanta, a
      necessary inclusion] until the mid-1960's when it was coined, adopted
      and first
      used by Paul Twitchell " (From Court Records in Darwin Gross v.
      Eckankar, see:
      www.thetruth-seeker.com)

      In spite of conclusive evidence to the contrary and written admissions
      by both
      Paul Twitchell and Harold Klemp, Eckankar history and doctrine carry the
      staggeringly false claims that:

      "ECK[ANKAR] created and comprises all the religious ideas of the lower
      worlds.
      Art, writing, and sculpture are only developments of the higher ideals
      of
      ECKANKAR…. The major religions of the world have sprung out of
      ECK[ANKAR]."
      (Twitchell, The Spiritual Notebook, 2nd Ed. 1990, pp. 11)
      "Practically every man who has contributed to civilization has
      spiritually
      been a … student...of ECK[ANKAR]." (Twitchell, The Spiritual Notebook,
      2nd Ed.
      1990, p. 1)

      With such obviously deceitful and fabricated pronouncements still a
      part of
      Eckankar doctrine, it is little wonder that Eckankar tries to minimize
      the
      effects of its exposure to the world. But Eckankar's deception does not
      stop
      with its history and the claims that its leader is "God made flesh." It
      infects
      every part of the teaching. Here are but a few of hundreds of examples
      of
      deception and lying —not to mention plagiarism—that find few parallels
      in
      religious history.

      How the Myth of the Mahanta was Fabricated

      In spite of what is now known about Twitchell's condition of
      mythomania, Klemp
      continues to delude himself into believing that Twitchell's 1965
      creation of the
      Mahanta myth is actually true. Klemp seems oblivious to the fact that
[...]

      Therefore, it is not difficult to see how Eckists came to associate
      Twitchell,
      Gross and Klemp with spirit and God itself. This verbal alchemy is
      actually how
      a single word ¾ Mahanta ¾ first used, according to Klemp, in 1965,
      transformed a
      mortal man into "God made flesh." As if this were not enough, Eckankar's
      history is further clouded by documented evidence (see:
      www.thetruth-seeker.com)
      that one Mahanta (Darwin Gross) misappropriated $2.5 million (he also
      bought a
      Lear jet) of Eckankar funds. Not only that but one Mahanta (Harold
      Klemp) even
      claimed that the other Mahanta (Gross, also a purported "Son of God")
      was
      actually a Black Magician. This is part of the sordid if not farcical
      history of
      Eckankar revealed in Confessions of a God Seeker. Though it is
      important to see
      this history, it is hidden from the Eckankar community, because it
      reveals just
      how shallow and contrived Eckankar's "house of cards" actually is.

      Realizing that the Mahanta construct was fabricated but legitimized
      through
      verbal trickery and indoctrination, James Davis, author of a book about
      the
      Mahanta, The Rosetta Stone of God, disavowed his own book and the
      Mahanta
      concept. Davis independently reached his decision, based on his own
      inner and
      outer experiences. They confirmed what the author of Confessions, Ford
      Johnson,
      and thousands of others have come to realize: Spirit is the
      non-exclusive power
      of God and works in the lives of everyone. But, when a single "man"
      claims he is
      the exclusive channel for that force in the universe, indeed, God
      itself, both
      he and those who follow him are deluded. The Mahanta is a false [and
      fabricated]
      paradigm. It works only because of the "power of belief." But belief in
      a false
      paradigm ultimately limits the spiritual unfoldment of that person
      until it is
      replaced with an awareness of God-soul that lies within each person.
      This is
      the real source of love, guidance and protection.

      By repeating the expression: "I am one with ALL THAT IS", "I surrender
      to my
      higher self", "God-soul that is me", a person is able to take the next
      step in
      spiritual unfoldment. The power of this concept replaces a false
      spiritual
      paradigm with the truth about their existence. This is the lesson that
      our
      journey through countless religions and spiritual paths has been
      designed to
      teach. We are a spark ¾ a replica ¾ of God Itself, no greater or less
      than any
      other being that ever inhabited this earth. We have learned, through
      many life
      times, the lessons needed to expand our awareness to encompass this
      reality. It
      is summed up in the axiom, I AM, GOD IS, WE ARE ONE. Teachings like
      Eckankar
      will move heaven and hell to prevent us from reaching this awareness.
      They know
      that it will deprive them of control and thus a central role in our
      lives.

      Fraud and Deception In Eckankar Initiations

      Even in the sacred arena of initiations (stages of spiritual
      unfoldment), we
      find that there is no intrinsic truth or validity. Like everything else
      in
      Eckankar, they are part of Paul Twitchell's invention. They serve as a
      mechanism
      of control and to insure the steady flow of revenues. The "Mahanta"
      does not
      determine through some "mystical spiritual process" to whom or when
      initiations
      are granted, for we have already seen just how "earthly" this invented
      position
      is. Instead, a very mundane computer accomplishes this feat.
      Initiations are
      based on the number of years of continuous paid-in membership plus
      recommendations from local leaders. Harold Klemp admitted as much to a
      group of
      high initiates:

      "[M]any of the initiation records we had were destroyed,…were erased.
      We've
      reconstructed much of this. We don't have very good records right now
      about your
      initiation levels I'm afraid to say. Another thing that was done and I
      have to
      be honest, that people were given 5th initiations by date…anybody that
      had 5
      years, they were sent a pink slip. There are 5th initiates who aren't
      5th
      initiates…." (An exhibit from the Case Darwin Gross vs. Eckankar, 1985.
      See
      original at www.thetruth-seeker.com)

      Harold Klemp and The Cover-up

      In spite of the mountain of lies and fabrication, which Klemp found
      when he took
      over Eckankar, he was not prepared to see the truth and act on it.
      Instead, he
      fabricated incredible tales to explain to himself and others what
      Twitchell had
      done. To explain Twitchell's plagiarism, for example, Klemp
      rationalized that
      Twitchell had copied the thousands of stolen and plagiarized passages
      from an
      astral library that he visited during his dreams. In other statements
      he said
      that Twitchell's habit of lying about his accomplishments was "without
      realizing
      it, just practicing [to eventually become the Mahanta]." Eckists and Eck
      leaders in the field are not aware of the thousands of lies that riddle
      this
      teaching. But worst, many appear afraid or unwilling to learn the
      truth, which
      only delays spiritual unfoldment. Instead, they follow a teaching that
      is based
      on a carefully interwoven set of lies.

      Eckankar Techniques of Spiritual Entrapment ¾The Use of Fear To Control
      Eckists

      Another example of the intentional and knowing deception fostered by
      Twitchell
      and Klemp and covered up by the current leadership is found in a series
      of
      warnings about how spiritual students are trapped and deceived.
      Twitchell wrote
      these warnings for the enlightenment and protection of his followers.
      Then he
      used the same techniques of entrapment on his own students. Twitchell
      writes:

      "The oldest technique of keeping the loyalty of the chela by many
      teachers is
      with fear…. Because they grow afraid of losing their chelas to a Master
      on the
      higher level, the old fear tactics will be drummed into those who
      desire to move
      away…. These threats are very common. They usually go like this: [1]"If
      you
      leave me, you will get caught in the astral and won't get out." Another
      cliché
      is: [2] "I've got the only path and if you leave it, you're in deep
      trouble."
      Another one is: [3] "I'm the true Master, and having initiated you,
      will be with
      you until the end of eternity. I'm your Master always." These are a few
      of the
      techniques of fear used by most teachers of the psychic worlds. We can
      easily
      recognize them. " (Twitchell, Eckankar, Illuminated Way Letters
      1966-1971, pp.
      93-94)

      Having warned his students of the spiritual traps to look out for,
      Twitchell
      proceeded to utilize these same entrapping techniques on his own
      followers,
      harming thousands of seekers who believed and trusted him.

      There is no intrinsic truth or power to any of the curses and fear
      devices used
      in Eckankar. Twitchell has already admitted that they are simply
      devices of
      control. They work only if the individual accepts them as true. Here
      are just a
      few of the many curses that Twitchell and Klemp have placed in front of
      Eckists
      to keep them in line. They wrote:

      "The wrath of the ECK crashes down upon anyone who …deserts the
      Master….Not
      once will he see the connection between his betrayal …and the horrendous
      troubles that strike him down like a plague on every hand. And thus he
      goes
      downward…until he leaves his body in hopeless despair…. " (Klemp, The
      ECK
      Satsang Discourses, Third Series, Letter 8)

      "Whosoever…shall divulge the secrets of his initiation… shall be
      deprived of his
      sight and tongue in order to never again be able to say anything about
      the
      degrees of initiation in ECKANKAR" (Twitchell, Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book
      II, 1st
      Ed. 1977, p.150)

      "To ridicule, to scorn, to speak mockingly of the words of the Mahanta,
      and not
      to have faith in him and the cause of ECK is to bring woes on the
      advocator of
      doubt." (Twitchell, Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book I, 2nd Ed. 1987, p.107)

      For a teaching that professes to be about love and spiritual
      unfoldment, these
      curses are nothing more than a not-so-sophisticated form of black
      magic. Klemp
      and Eckankar use "curses" to frighten their followers into remaining
      silent,
      obedient and entrapped. While it is despicable to subject loving and
      trusting
      followers to the threats of eternal wrath, that is precisely what
      Eckankar is
      doing. On this point, Ford Johnson explains:

      "A `curse' is `a prayer or invocation for harm or injury to come upon
      another.
      It is a denunciation that conveys a wish or threat of evil.' What
      Twitchell and
      Klemp have working here are the same techniques employed by the local
      Juju man —
      the witch doctor — who knows the power of planting a seed-idea of harm
      or
      self-destruction in the mind of a victim or group. It is unmistakably a
      form of
      black magic or psychic attack widely practiced throughout the world.
      Once
      believed, a curse can have a disastrous effect on an individual. We
      receive
      numerous e-mails from ex-Eckists who believed Eckankar's curses and
      suffered as
      a consequence. We show them that it is only fear or anger that allows
      these
      negative psychic thought forms to have an impact on their lives.
      Sending love,
      reacting with humor (after all, they are hardly pronouncements from
      God), and
      reflecting (mirroring) the curse back to the sender nullifies its
      effect. Doing
      this also sends the consequence back to the perpetrator. All of these
      techniques
      and more are spelled out in Part IV of Confessions of a God Seeker,
      which deals
      with the actual Journey to Higher Consciousness. We have helped many
      people
      harmed by Eckankar's curses, to take back control of their lives.
      Thousands have
      already stood up to Eckankar's many deceptions and have emerged
      stronger,
      happier and more enlightened."

      The use of psychic attacks, exposes Eckankar as a harmful, even
      dangerous, cult
      because of the blind obedience of its followers to a person they
      mistakenly
      consider "God made flesh." Eckists have surrendered their will and
      remain happy
      and content so long as they are obedient and never question. However,
      having
      pulled back the curtain and revealed the sorcerer's tricks, Eckankar is
      left
      with only the devices of fear, name-calling, denial, misrepresentation
      and more
      lies to defend itself. The evidence of this can be seen in recent
      communications
      from the leadership of Eckankar to its members, which stated in part:

      "He (Paul Twitchell) was quite frank about the effects that hit a Judas
      in Eck.
      Any overt act against the Mahanta, the Living Eck Master evokes the
      full fury of
      the divine power. It stops acting in the troublemaker's behalf, and
      misery is
      the outcome." (Excerpt from membership renewal letter from Eckankar,
      2004), and

      "These betrayers of ECK will pick up all their old karma once more.
      More, the
      karma of all those whom they've fooled is inscribed into their karmic
      log too.
      Hard times lie in store for them." (Mystic World, Ask The Master by
      Harold
      Klemp, March 2004)

      Aside from being just another fear tactic about which Twitchell has
      already
      warned us, it is false and has no spiritual validity. Karma (cause and
      effect)
      is to teach not to punish. Once one has learned the lessons that the
      karmic
      experiences were designed to teach, how can he lose the expanded
      awareness he
      has gained? The Twitchell/Klemp curses are absurd on their face. To the
      contrary, when one exposes truth or learns from it, he experiences
      freedom and
      growth, for he has escaped the entrapment of the lie. Once free, his
      life is
      filled with love and light for he is empowered with the realization
      that he is a
      part of God itself and can tap the power of the universe.

      The Law of Cause and Effect Is Still At Work

      Tragically, the Leadership of Eckankar seems to have forgotten the law
      of cause
      and effect. It is still at work and applies equally to everyone, even
      the
      Mahanta the Living Eck Master. When anyone engages in black magic,
      curses,
      threats of evil, and hardship, they are setting forces in motion that
      will
      boomerang to them. It is little wonder that the Living Eck Master
      himself
      continues to suffer a string of personal hardships and set backs
      including,
      perpetual sickness and weakness, which prevent him from even traveling.
      While
      Klemp attributes these calamities to taking on the karma (sins) of his
      chelas
      and because he has chosen his affliction, one might well ask, "then why
      so many
      physician visits?" "If one chooses to suffer, then why seek a cure?" In
      truth,
      Klemp is only reaping the consequences of his own states of
      consciousness and
      the curses he has set in motion to control others. For, as Paul
      Twitchell, in
      one of his most truthful and enlightened statements during his
      pre-Eckankar days
      wrote:

      "Whatever anyone is receiving or lacking in the out picturing and
      expression of
      his consciousness is each ones own responsibility." "Until you can
      understand
      that nothing can happen to you, nothing can ever come to you or be kept
      away
      from you except in accordance with the state of your consciousness, you
      do not
      have the key to life."

      So much for the curses! While this drama unfolds in full view of the
      world, the
      information is now available for all to see and to make their own
      decisions.

      Does Eckankar Still Work For The Eckist? How Spiritual Deceptions Work

      Most Eckists have grown and learned while in Eckankar for it does
      contain truth,
      but it is important to remember that all deception is performed by a
      clever
      interweaving of the truth with lies. The question and the dilemma for
      the Eckist
      is, which is which? In its article for the Ghanaian Times, Eckankar
      spelled out
      a test for whether a religion or path was still working for the
      individual. The
      test included whether the religion or teaching: "brings you closer to
      God's
      Love"; "brings more charity and good will into your life,"; "brings
      about a
      growth in spiritual awareness"; and "leaves you happy in your faith. "
      All these
      are important and fair questions. However, this test fails to ask one
      critical
      question, the answer to which can render all other answers meaningless.
      That
      question is: Do you know the truth about that religion or path? If you
      have
      taken the time to learn what lies behind the curtain, the façade that is
      presented for public consumption, then you have answered this
      all-important
      question. If after being exposed to the truth — e.g. reading
      Confessions of a
      God Seeker — you can still answer the initial questions in the
      affirmative then
      you are indeed where you should be and you should remain. But, to
      answer these
      questions in the affirmative while still ignorant of the truth behind
      Eckankar
      is to knowingly engage in self-deception, for eventually you will have
      confront the truth. Eckankar has worked for the Eckist for the same
      reasons that
      all other religions and teachings have worked for their followers.
      Namely, a
      strong love bond is created along with a fear of separation. Added to
      this is
      the power of belief that resides in the believer not the object of that
      belief.
      Belief in anything produces results. But the goal is ultimately to
      develop
      belief in the divinity that lies within the individual not in an
      intercessor.
      Paul Twitchell was quite eloquent on the question of how the attachment
      of a
      seeker is gained and the dangers associated therewith:

      "We are concerned with the two ways that anyone [or any religion] can
      hold
      another; first is by the loyalty of Fear, and secondly is by the
      loyalty of
      Love. These are the basic ways by which one is attached….When one is
      loyal…because he is afraid…then the whole foundation of spiritual
      growth is nil…
      In the loyalty of love…he who intensely loves another is somewhat
      trapped by the
      negative power….What I am getting at here is that we cannot live with
      fear and
      at the same time we cannot live with an over-abundance of sentimental
      love…either will pull us down in the depths of despair sooner or later."
      (Twitchell, Eckankar, The Illuminated Way Letters, 1966-1971, p. 93)

      Twitchell's statement speaks directly to the dilemma now facing Eckists
      worldwide. These challenges to Eckankar's veracity will not go away,
      they will
      only intensify. For, a teaching based on lies will eventually fall by
      the weight
      of its own deception when exposed to the light of truth.

      How The Local Leadership Has Been Misled

      In responding to the role of local leadership Johnson commented:

      One of the unhappiest aspects of exposing Eckankar is that many local
      leaders
      have been close and dear friends of mine for many years. But because
      many of
      them have apparently refused to read Confessions of a God Seeker , they
      are
      being misled and don't realize it. How can anyone lead when they don't
      have the
      facts and refuse to enlighten themselves to the deceit and hypocrisy
      that
      infects this teaching, no matter how painful the truth may be? Whether
      the
      leadership of Eckankar points the Eckists further into the trap or
      opens a
      dialogue where questions can be asked and truth discovered, remains to
      be seen.
      But without discovering truth and then moving to where it leads, it is
      like `the
      blind leading the blind.' Whatever anyone ultimately decides to do is
      fine.
      But, the reason we have gone to the expense and effort of presenting
      this
      information is that the wall of silence and fear is so high that even
      those who
      wanted to know the truth could not find it or were afraid to look. So
      we have
      revealed some of the findings in Confessions to let everyone see for
      himself or
      herself, a small fraction of this truth. Perhaps it will be enough to
      encourage
      truth seekers to look more deeply."

      The Higher Consciousness Society and The New Spiritual Paradigm
      The Higher Consciousness Society (HCS), a non-profit spiritual education
      society, is the outgrowth of Confessions of a God Seeker. It is based
      on The New
      Spiritual Paradigm, presented in Part IV of Confessions of a God
      Seeker, which
      embodies the principle that every soul is a reflection of GOD,
      possessing the
      attributes and characteristics of ALL THAT IS. Our journey through life
      in many
      dimensions of reality is to come to the full awareness of this truth.
      HCS
      recognizes that true inner guidance comes from the higher self,
      God-soul that
      lies within each person. It accepts the guidance of others as teachers
      but never
      as masters, saviors, messengers, or any other title suggesting spiritual
      superiority. Instead, it views every person as both teacher and student
      differing only in the degree to which they understand, accept, and live
      by the
      heart of all spiritual truths: I AM, GOD IS, WE ARE ONE.

      HCS rejects doctrine, dogma, and spiritual hierarchical paradigms.
      Instead, it
      teaches that all sentient beings are an equal part of the whole. It
      provides
      insight, instruction, guidance and support that lead to souls
      liberation from
      religious entrapments. Through continued instruction and support, the
      individual
      as God-soul learns their innate power as soul and how to use it for
      their own
      happiness and to assist in the enlightenment, liberation and
      empowerment of all
      souls. HCS teaches the Master Principle and the Master Techniques,
      developed and
      first presented by the HCS founder and author of Confessions, Ford
      Johnson.
      These techniques teach each individual how to use the power of spirit
      to bring
      into their life the abundance and happiness that is their birthright as
      soul.
      Classes and an active bulletin board with contributions from seekers
      around the
      world can be found at www.higherconsciousnesssociety.org. Everyone is
      invited to
      visit this interactive web site, ask questions, seek spiritual help and
      fully
      participate.

      · · · · ·

      These revelations will continue to be presented in newspapers across
      the country
      and the world so long as Eckankar persists in the use of entrapping and
      fear
      tactics, which do incalculable harm to innocent and loving God Seekers.
      They
      come to Eckankar's doors with an open heart. But when they ask too many
      questions or discover the trail of inconsistencies and deception, they
      are met
      with a wall of silence and rejection, which leaves them baffled,
      distraught and
      scarred. We deal with such people every day and collectively work to
      undo the
      harm that Eckankar's treatment of them has caused. Certainly you must
      know these
      facts for we see many of the letters that Eckists send to you. We also
      learn of
      the silence with which they are greeted.

      The impact of fear tactics and curses employed by Eckankar will
      diminish as more
      become aware of the manipulative nature of these control devices. To
      continue to
      use them, as you recently did in your March 2004 Mystic World Q&A
      response,
      exposes Eckankar as a truly dangerous cult willing to infect the
      thinking and
      consciousness of its followers with threats and curses that rival the
      worst of
      the "hell and damnation" proclamations that many thought they were
      escaping.

      Eckankar is not blessed with the thousands of years of historical dust
      that have
      allowed other religions to escape the truth of their origins and
      history. Too
      much is known. Too much has been revealed. Far better to clean it up
      and salvage
      the truth and integrity that it still can. Otherwise these challenges to
      Eckankar's veracity and integrity will never end.

      Like thousands of other truth seekers before me, I have transcended
      Eckankar's
      fear tactics and curses, which your words and pubic declarations
      suggest is what
      Eckankar regards as its last line of defense. More and more will follow
      as they
      see the truth and the deception that you and the leadership of Eckankar
      have
      fostered.

      To say that Eckankar is "between a rock and a hard place" is not an
      exaggeration. But truth is always the best course. It is what you
      profess to
      stand for. Can Eckankar afford to do less?

      Respectfully,

      Ford Johnson
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic