5197Re: exit interviews

  • Zoey
    Feb 16, 2010
      Thanks for this input, jonathan. Not knowing you, I will assume that you mean well. I will also assume that you have experience which dictates your views. This may be of some assistance to someone who is, currently, planning to leave eckankar.

      However, it can serve me very little, considering the fact that I left eckankar long ago. And it can hardly serve my friend, considering the fact that she already quit, as I mentioned.

      She quit in the manner that was most reasonable for her. She WANTED the local group, as well as the Corp, to know her reasons for leaving - and knew this loud-mouthed ESA would be the best megaphone she could find. The ESA's approbation never entered the issue.

      Keep your day job, jonathan. You'll never make a living as a psychic.

      zoey

      > Zoey,
      >
      > First of all, phoning an ESA to inform them that you want to quit is a very bad idea because all you are doing is giving them an opening to convince you that you shouldn't quit. Also, it almost sounds to me that she wants the ESA to support her decision. If a person is truly quitting Eckankar, you don't worry about what anyone in Eckankar thinks. It's your decision; it's your life. This may sound cold-hearted to some people, but it is the only way to deal with an organization which has been controlling your thinking, and indeed your whole life. It's your life now, and you can't allow Eckankar to continue running it.
      >
      > If a person wants to quit Eckankar, they should send a letter to the main office informing them of that, they will send you a letter back which asks you to sign a form verifying that you really want to quit. You sign that form, then send it back. Then Eckankar will send you a verification letter. Then contact the person running the Eck center to inform them that you have resigned from Eckankar. The preferred order is mail, email, then phone.
      >
      > If you are an initiator, ESA, or have keys to the Eck center, that naturally complicates things.
      >
      > I would not agree to an exit interview. It seems to me that it is just a guise for them to use subtle mind control techniques to convince you to not resign from Eckankar.
      >
      > Jonathan
      >

      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Zoey" <zzoey75@> wrote:
      > >
      > > A friend called me today to tell me that she had quit eckankar. She phoned an ESA that she was comfortable with, and briefly said that it wasn't for her any more.
      > >
      > > An hour later the RESA phoned her, and said he wanted to schedule an "exit interview". She thinks that is pretty common now.
      > >
      > > I never heard of it.
      > >
      > > zoey

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic