5165Re: 3rd initiation to 5th initiation (not me) in 1980-1983 time frame

    Feb 1, 2010
      Hello Ingrid and All,
      Yes, I know Bettine Clemen (Ware) too.
      I didn't know that about ECKists getting
      several initiations in one day. Was that
      during Paul's reign, or Darwin's or both?
      I know that Klemp would never do that...
      he's too stingy! And, HK's RESA hierarchy
      can't deal with higher ranking H.I.s
      residing within their Satsangs. Although,
      Bob Lawton (Klemp's former body guard)
      is both an 8th and a RESA. That's the only
      exception, but it does set a precedent.

      IMO- The Glass Ceiling for 7ths is unjustified.
      Why isn't there a more proportionate number
      of 8ths to 7ths?

      And, since there ARE a few ECK 9th Initiates
      lurking around why wouldn't that initiation
      be the actual Glass Ceiling, thus, allowing
      at least 500 8th Initiates.

      Actually, why does Klemp have these Glass
      Ceilings? It's because he's a narcissist and
      doen't want to share. He's a two faced
      hypocrite! He talks about love and compassion,
      but Not forgiveness! Thus, he has never
      mentioned Darwin's (972nd LEM) death
      to the ECK Membership let alone say
      something nice about the former ECK
      Master. That was the "test" that Klemp
      failed. And when he fails a test like that
      it means that he, too, has fallen from Grace!
      His attachment to Power keeps him on the
      throne.

      Anyway, If Klemp wanted to he could have
      promoted two or three initiates to the 12th.
      Not all 12ths have to be LEMs and not all LEMs
      have to be Mahantas... right? Sure!

      And, to insure that these 12ths wouldn't
      threaten his reign HK could have made them
      all females. In ECKankar females can't become
      LEM/Mahantas due to law/science/tradition
      or whatever. Klemp is just an old tired ass
      selfish, mean spirited and fearful fuddy duddy
      stuck in the past.

      Klemp's negative behaviour and lack of
      compassion towards Darwin, and especially
      his death, is proof that he is both a hypocrite
      and a fraud. But, this is human/KAL behaviour
      typical of all religions and their leaders.

      Unfortunately, ECKists (the most advanced
      Souls ever, LOL) have tunnel vision and blinders
      on. They can only focus upon that carrot (the
      promise of more initiations leading to God-
      Realization) as they trot along doing Service,
      Surrendering, HUing, spending money on EK
      materials and seminars, taking more training,
      following the Guidelines and acting "as if" the
      lies of PT and HK are the ultimate truth. Such
      is religious belief. It may feel good and give
      you some hope, peace of mind and security,
      but it's not Reality or Truth! It's just filler...
      like Klemp's simple-minded redundant books!

      In truth, all religions and their dogmas are
      "tests" for the more "advanced" Souls. When
      one is able to finally see the correlations and
      the lies and beyond the "group think" then
      one is able to see with more clarity and discard
      all religion. The veils of illusion slowly disappear
      until one can commune privately, one-to-one,
      with Divine Spirit.

      Soul doesn't need a LEM or Mahanta or
      a Master or a priest, or a Pope to intervene
      or guide them on the Outer or Inner Planes.
      Of course, all religions (including Eckankar)
      cannot tolerate such statements. This is
      heresy! People are executed, even today,
      by religionists who claim to love God.
      But, why does God need to be protected?

      Thus, those religionists who attack us,
      and the Truth, are ignorant, fearful,
      weak-minded followers, and are immature
      Souls.

      Prometheus

      ctecvie wrote:
      Hi Jonathan and all,

      my husband knew Bettine Clemen personally.
      She once told him that either she or some people
      she knew (I'm not sure) got the 3rd, 4th and 5th
      initiations in one day - one or two in the morning
      and the last one(s) in the afternoon!

      At the time they needed a lot of higher initiates
      as eckankar was still young. Now there are so
      many HIs that they had to introduce a glass ceiling -
      I guess that's why initiations are slowed down
      so much!

      It's all about administration and money, and power
      of course ... :-))

      Ingrid

      jonathanjohns wrote:

      > Prometheus,
      >
      > I'm going to add a few "facts" from my personal experience in the 1980-1983
      time frame to the discussion.

      > In your post just before the one I am responding to, you stated that "[Darwin]
      Gross promoted 1000 Eckists to the 5th!" And then you followed it up with
      "Ooops! I think that was 500 (not 1000) to the 5th, and around 1983 just before
      being kicked out by Klemp!"

      > I joined Eckanakar around 1979 so I got in on the last few years of Darwin
      Gross' time as the LEM. I believe it was around 1980/1981 that a member of
      Eckankar, B.S., told me that he was promoted directly from 3rd initiate to 5th
      initiate. In other words, he skipped his 4th initiation. This may have occurred
      later, in the 1983 time frame, I really can't be certain, but this "3 to 5
      initiation" was definitely done by Darwin.

      > Also, I heard about one other person who went from 3rd to 5th. The really
      interesting thing is that I believe that both of these people had been in
      Eckankar for less than 10 years. Eckankar started in 1965, so 15-18 years was
      the absolute maximum time the person who spoke to me was in Eckankar. Plus, he
      never spoke about Paul Twitchell, and I'm very certain he joined Eckankar after
      Twitchell's death, making his maximum time in Eckankar about 10-13 years since
      Darwin started in 1971. I honestly think that 7 to 8 years is a better estimate
      of the time he was a member of Eckankar. He was only about 25 to 30 years old.

      > By the way, regarding the person, B.S., who personally told me about skipping
      his 4th initiation. I asked him how that happened. He gave me an explanation,
      but I don't remember what it was. I believe it had something to do with the fact
      that he progressed spiritually so fast, he didn't need to "pause" at the fourth.
      But he wasn't arrogant so he probably said something like "the ECK need to
      progress people really fast."

      > It has been mentioned in other posts on this message board that things are a
      lot different now, with many members of Eckankar going almost 30 years without
      receiving their 5th initiation.

      > Years later, I did hear from a higher HI that Darwin gave a lot of initiations
      out to people who didn't really deserve them. Of course, during the time when
      Darwin was the LEM, whatever he did or didn't do was 100% accepted by Eckankar's
      membership, but after he was kicked out, everything Darwin did or didn't do was
      automatically suspect if not completely wrong.

      > Jonathan

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic