5150Re: Are there any Eck songs on YouTube? - Additional comments

  • postekcon
    Jan 14, 2010
      Eckankar is modeled an a simple mlm formula, where the affiliate fee [suggested membership donation] is reasonable. But where the real money is made for the org is where the 'affiliate' must purchase and frequently update [always at personal expense] all the promotional materials. However, with eckankar.org, the affiliate is doubly tricked into the purchase of all these extraneous materials for promotion purposes, for it is suggested to them this constitutes their 'service' to spirit!
      -Postekcon

      > I thought I would add some additional comments to my original post.
      >
      > First Point.
      > The fact is, many individuals on YouTube use a copyrighted music file a backing track for a video, they then add some beautiful photos of their own such as the ocean, mountains, etc. Some of these videos are quite amazing and are a beautiful form of self-expression. Some of these videos get pulled from YouTube by the copy write owners, but many do not.
      >
      > Likewise, a member of Eckankar could do the same thing. They could take an Eck song from one of the official CDs that Eckankar sells and make it into a beautiful video, then post it on YouTube. But I didn't find a single instance of this on YouTube. There are two reasons for this:
      >
      > 1. Eckankar aggressively protects all of it's copy-written material because it wants only the "official line" from Eckankar headquarters to be present on YouTube.
      > 2. Eckankar aggressively protects all of it's copyrighted material because it doesn't want to lose any income as a result of people giving it away for free.
      >
      > Second Point.
      > Ever hear an Eckist tell a personal story on YouTube? I looked, and I didn't find a single instance. I've discussed this previously on other posts on the Internet, but Eckists are afraid to give their own personal stories and experiences regarding Eckankar. Currently, there are two videos on YouTube which masquerade as a personal story told by an Eckist, but it is pretty easy to see that these two videos are just slick "Madison Avenue" videos produced at Eckankar headquarters:
      >
      > Reincarnation Past Life Dream Interpretation via Eckankar
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nOvyUDObQI
      >
      > Out-of-body Experience with my deceased brother OBE Eckankar
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK9Teg3vly8&feature=related
      >
      > Third Point.
      > So what kind of Eckankar videos are there on YouTube? It's mostly VERY SHORT videos with the current leader of Eckankar, Harold Klemp. Almost all of them are less than five minutes long. They give you a very short glimpse of Eckankar, just enough to get you "sucked in" but not enough to really give you a decent amount of information so that you can actually do a worthwhile evaluation of Eckankar. Eckankar gives so little information out to the public on YouTube that any reasonable person would get the impression that Eckankar has a lot to hide.
      >
      > Fourth Point
      > Eckankar has 5 minute videos of Klemp's talks on YouTube. I'm not certain, but I believe his talks typically run about 30 minutes. Contrast that with the following website dedicated to Paul Twitchell's teacher Kirpal Singh:
      >
      > Recorded talks of Kirpal Singh (Click on link to listen, right-click to download.)
      > http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/audio.htm
      >
      > Audio books of Kirpal Singh (Click on link to listen, right-click to download.)
> [...]
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic