5013Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: A Book of Circular Thinking?

    Oct 17 3:50 PM
      Some time ago I took notice of the words
      "purukh" (Purush) and "Prakrti" (Prakrta).
      How they contained similar sounds.

      At the heart of explanations for creation
      and how "material" & "spiritual" coexist
      I found those two words. In Indian texts
      mostly.

      Both words begin by illustrating the con-
      sonants P + R. Prakrti, however, appears
      to have the Sanskrit root "kr", which IMO
      is connected with the ideas of action and
      karma. The "ti" part could be a "feminine"
      ending (I'm guessing).

      Both of those words are at the heart of
      creation according to certain teachings.
      They also contain the "letters" P + R +
      K (when you spell purush as purukh).

      Here are some etymologies that may,
      or may not help.

      prak - "Definitions: previously, before, first[ly]
      (Sanskrit).

      puru - "Definitions: 'much, many'." (Vedic)

      http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/vedol-4-X.html

      In the Vedas there is a Dawn Maiden
      by the name of Ushas, I believe.

      Ushas - "The lovely Hindu dawn maiden who
      sprung from the head of Dyaus. The twin sister
      of Nakt, or Ratri [the goddess of night] (Hindu
      Mythology). Associated spellings/words: usas
      ['shining; east'] (Sanskrit); uchanti ['shining']
      (Vedic); eos; aurora."

      Notice the word uchanti has a "c".

      The "c" in Purukh changing to "s" is not very
      uncommon. I've seen a number of cases where
      the "c" and "k" sounds evolve to "s".

      Viva La France! (Home of the Franks :)

      In some places the definition for "guru" means
      "dispeller of darkness". Now I wonder if that is
      connected to the idea of "light bearer"?

      Light and darkness are common symbols for
      good and evil. However, what does Purukh &
      Prakrta really symbolize? [BTW, the latter is
      connected with the gender that was once de-
      monized in the Bible. The feminine. Consider
      also how in many traditions the "Sat Guru" is
      (the vehicle of which, at least) is associated
      with the opposite, or "masculine" gender.]

      Is this really a very unique teaching? The idea
      that "God" is male & "Nature" is female? It is
      really quite common actually.

      In the Anurag Sagar it seemed that Kal Niranjan
      wanted to create a world or something. And here
      is what it said on the Sant Mat site:

      Fifth Shabda – Kal-Niranjan : Full name of the
      Negative Power, often shortened to Kal (q.v.).
      Niranjan means "beyond illusion," and is applied
      to Kal ("Time") because he is the creator of illusion.

      http://santmat-thetruth.de/index.php?option=com_book&book=4817&page=24

      Kal, the creator of illusion, is Niranjan? Beyond
      illusion?

      Isn't that special :)

      Another name for Kal Niranjan on the site seems
      to be Dharam Rai. This being seems to be quite
      devotional to Sat Purush. One day, however, the
      being appears to say (these are in italics):

      "Oh, Sahaj, my brother – go and make this request
      to Sat Purush: I don't like this small place. Please
      give me a big kingdom. In my heart I have felt such
      love for Him! He should bless me with a big place.
      He should either give me the world of the gods, or
      else a separate world."

      http://santmat-thetruth.de/index.php?option=com_book&book=4817&page=25

      Sat Purush replies (also italics):

      After hearing the words of Sahaj, Sat Purush said this:

      "I am pleased with Dharam Rai; take this to your heart:
      I have given him the three Worlds, now go and tell him
      to develop the Void plane. Oh Sahaj, tell him to make
      his creation there."

      And at the bottom of the page it has a description for
      what is the void plane.

      "The Void Plane: The three worlds in their pre-existent
      state."

      http://santmat-thetruth.de/index.php?option=com_book&book=4817&page=25

      Now I am wondering how old are these teachings, the
      story, whatever, in the Anurag Sagar? And how do I
      know they are the original, for one? And how do I know
      it is not the case of one person borrowing from another
      and making up their own version of things?

      Sant Mat and Eckankar both hearken back to Kabir
      when recounting the history of their teachings. And
      if Sant Mat was know earlier than the word - and the
      modern day - "Eckankar", Where did Sant Mat come
      from? Where did Kabir get his teachings? For that
      matter.

      This is a Wikipedia quote:

      The Sant Mat movement was not homogeneous, and
      consisted mostly of the Sants' own socio-religious
      attitudes which were based on bhakti (devotion) as
      described a thousand years earlier in the Bhagavad
      Gita.[3] Sharing as few conventions with each other as
      with the followers of the traditions they challenged, the
      Sants appear more as a diverse collection of spiritual
      personalities than a specific religious tradition, although
      they acknowledged a common spiritual root.[4]

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant_Mat

      Whether true or not, that gave me the impression of
      so many people scattered around the area each with
      their own particular form of tradition.

      Here is a page with summary for the philosophy of
      Kabir.

      "The basic religious principles he espoused are simple.
      According to Kabir, all life is an interplay of two spiritual
      principles. One is the personal soul (Jivatma) and the
      other is God (Paramatma). It is Kabir's view that salvation
      is the process of bringing into union these two divine
      principles."

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabir

      The bringing into union? Nanak appears to suggest the
      contact with Nam. And Radha Soami has the sound
      current before spiritual liberation. And before the sound
      current, has contact with a living master. Eckankar also
      appears to echo the Sat Guru, Shabda & Jivan Mukti
      paradigm (notice the word "jiva" in Jivan Mukti).

      I'm trying to spell out the "apparent" duality being here
      described in symbolic terms. For example, there are
      the terms "Atma" and "Jivatma". One appears to mean
      the "spiritual" principle of soul and the other the "living"
      principle (that tied to matter). Mystic Judaism and even
      Islam have different kinds of "souls", too. The "animal"
      soul, etc.

      What is the "common root" in all of this? Whatever it is
      there appear to be dozens of ways (and religions) trying
      to explain it. Now it so happens there are a number of
      different paths (Eckankar included?) which make seem
      as though the prerequisite for spiritual liberation means
      joining their particular group? Accepting their particular
      "Living Master" (prerequisite meaning what you need to
      do first)? Did I spell that right?

      Something is wrong with this picture if several different
      paths and religions have it that their version is the true
      version and all the others are somehow less. Offshoots,
      etc.

      This post is just a long-winded way of saying I doubt it
      that all appear to have a common root. Because if they
      did then somebody would have discovered it by now &
      painted a picture of the "plant" that has since evolved.
      Instead I see a whole orchard of "fruit trees" and even
      nobody is actually certain it was an "apple tree" in the
      Garden of Eden.

      If we had the "root" then wouldn't we have the truth?

      From: etznab@... <etznab@...>

      Thinking?

      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 11:33 PM

      That is when I began to discover the books we weren't

      supposed to know about. In the nineties I was trying to

      connect the dots, to trace the "history" of "Eckankar"

      all the way back to at least 5,000 years B.C.

      R.T.

      Did you trace anything to Kabir. He seemed to know

      about Kal Niranjan, etc.

      Apparently, Kal Niranjan was the 5th of 16 shabdas

      issued from Sat Purush.

      "When Sat Purush uttered the fifth Shabda, Kal-

      Niranjan was incarnated."

      http://santmat- thetruth. de/index. php?option= com_book&

      book=4817& page=23

      This page tells about it. And the links go to how the

      lower worlds were created.

      I doubt that is all to be taken literally.

      Wasn't Kabir the first to give written instructions on

      Eckankar?

      "No written instructions had been put

      down for the

      followers of ECKANKAR, nor any part of it, until the

      sixteenth century when Kabir, the Hindu mystic poet,

      took it upon himself to unwrap the mysteries of the

      ancient science of Soul Travel."

      [Based on: ECKANKAR, Compiled Writings, Vol. 1

      (Copyright 1975 by Gail T. Gross), by Paul Twitchell,

      p. 59]

      And wasn't Kabir about 21 years older (b. 1440) than

      Rebazar Tarzs ("reportedly" b. 1461)? who allegedly

      gave instructions to Paul Twitchell? (What to write?).

      From: prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@ yahoo.com>

      [EckankarSurvivorsA nonymous] Re: A Book of Circular Thinking?

      To: EckankarSurvivorsAn onymous@yahoogro ups.com

      Date: Monday, October 12, 2009, 7:34 PM

      Hello All,

      Thanks for sharing your

      comments and the info

      about these books!

      As far as "transcending

      religion" it seems that this

      is what we thought we were

      doing when we joined the

      "path" of Eckankar way back

      when.

      Early on, Eckankar seemed

      to have a certain mystique

      about it. The reality, now,

      is that it was never what we

      imagined or desired. This

      PT/HK consciousness is based

      upon delusions, lies, and

      manipulations frozen

      in time as meaningless and

      imagined experiences and

      dreams via Klemp's over-

      simplified and mind

      numbing

      hypnotic message. This is

      the "real" reason people fall

      asleep during his talks! And,

      there's No spiritual meat

      (protein)!

      The Eckankar message is

      merely a redundancy and

      regurgitation of empty 2nd

      and 4th Plane thoughts and

      words.

      PT's Eckankar is a New Age/

      Westernized rewrite of the

      Eastern thoughts and dogmas

      once borrowed and plagiarized

      (compiled) from Sant Mat

      religions (etc.), and from

      more knowledgeable/

      enlightened people by

      the trickster Twitchell.

      HK's EK "path" has not only

      become Christianized, but

      has also been exposed as

      just another "Feel Good"

      religious sect that preaches

      one thing and does another!

      It's a Codependent scam!

      Thus, the Klemps' egos

      are feeling pretty good

      right now and the "trickle-

      down effect" is still sustaining

      their EK followers/sheep/

      chickens in the same ways

      as other religions work

      their

      magic on the numb, dumb,

      fearful, and superstitious

      masses.

      Still, for Eckists who think

      they can see beyond the

      veil/void it's amazing to

      see that they are quite

      incapable of true change

      and of discovering the

      real path of TRUTH, and

      of experiencing the art

      of the obvious.

      Truth has escaped these

      Eckists and they will forever

      remain a pawn of the KAL

      and under Klemp's trance

      of providing "sales service."

      This, of course, benefits HK's

      selfish motives, and, on the

      other hand, it helps to give

      Eckists a "higher" purpose.

      This is why Klemp feels he

      is doing no harm since it

      provides of service for lost

      Souls until they become advanced

      enough to realize they don't

      need a middleman.

      However, the "catch" lies

      within the promises made

      and the innate desire of

      soul to "Know" God and to

      return Home again. Eckankar

      manipulates this desire

      with

      "initiations" that are turned

      into a KAL "Trap/Test."

      However, Not Desiring Initiations

      (via a pure heart) is another

      trap/test that has merely been

      disguised while the "desire"

      remains hidden from outer

      sight. Thus, it seems to be

      okay to "imagine" (and still

      desire)

      higher initiations on

      the "INNER" via the ruse of

      needing a Mahanta for more

      and more of these fake initiations

      in order to expand consciousness

      for more and more spiritual

      progress.

      Eckists are chasing their tails

      via Twitchell's and Klemp's

      rendition of circular logic and

      thinking. How can Self-Mastery

      and Spiritual Freedom be accomplished

      in THIS LIFETIME when Klemp

      is training Eckists to become

      more and more Codependent

      upon the Mahanta and their

      desires and attachments?

      Look at the ECK stories... they

      all require the intercession and

      help of the Mahanta. Eckists,

      via

      self-hypnosis and programming,

      (attachment) are being taught

      to call upon the Mahanta for

      anything and everything.. . but

      where is Soul and where is the

      ECK (Holy Spirit)? Just because

      one mouthes certain "charged"

      4th Plane words or thinks he/

      she is "detached" doesn't make

      it so!

      What's interesting is that these

      two Entities (Soul and Holy Spirit)

      don't require money in order

      to maintain (outer and Inner

      initiations) a higher consciousness. ..

      but Klemp does! Initiations aren't

      needed! This is what structured

      (Lower Plane) Hierarchies use in

      order to control groups of people.

      I'm amazed that Eckists can't or

      don't want to see the correlation

      and connect-the- dots.

      Why can't or won't Eckists connect-

      the-dots? It probably has to do

      with their feelings of being "Superior

      Normal" and the delusion that

      gives them "all the answers" in

      order to alleviate their

      doubts

      and fears. The ego makes a better

      servant than it does a master,

      but with "initiations" and a "RESA

      hierarchy" Eckists can't separate

      ego from Soul.

      Thus, when "Starting To Get It"

      (a 6th, ESA, Staffer at the ESC)

      writes what she did, in the 09/2009

      H.I.

      Letter, one has to wonder...

      What has Klemp been teaching

      his followers since he's been

      in charge?

      Prometheus

      realbizarretarzs wrote:

      So true. I really enjoyed your

      experiment.

      I used to do that sort of stuff

      until it became more sad than

      amusing.

      Also, a while back, I forgot

      to mention the books of

      Alan Watts, starting with

      "The Way of Zen" and

      "The Wisdom of Insecurity".

      The second title, of course,

      is a paradox, but one that

      makes sense without having

      to go too far into the book

      to see what he is talking about.

      One doesn't have to be necessarily

      into Zen or even

      Buddhism to

      understand where he was coming

      from.

      His books are very easy to read

      and are somewhat humorous.

      Interestingly, he obtained

      a master's degree in theology

      and "divinity" but went on to

      write twenty to thirty books

      on Zen and Indian and

      Chinese

      philosophies, and the psychology

      of religion, and the importance

      of mysticism insofar as the

      individual transcending man-

      made religion.

      whitemoby wrote:

      Truth can never by systemized,

      no matter how eloquently.

      Moby

      Rebazar Tarzs wrote:

      In the story, Joseph Knecht,

      after following instructions

      to the letter, but not losing

      his intuition, begins to question

      everything, and comes to

      see "Castilia" (or, insert your

      favorite or not-so-favorite

      community Utopia) as a kind

      of ivory tower, oblivious to

      real life, and thus, reality.

      He begins to realize that,

      after many years, and

      many

      relationships, Castilia is a

      self-protected society that

      does little, if anything, for

      the world outside its borders,

      and is burderned by a hierarchy

      of personalities and games

      people play.

      I won't reveal any more than

      this, in

      case someone is

      currently reading "Magister

      Ludi: The Glass Bead Game,"

      but I will say this - throughout

      the whole story, Bruce Willis

      is dead.

      What?!?

      No, actually, the truth seeker,

      Knecht (which, in German,

      means servant and/or knight)

      (or so the Germans would have

      us believe) is, to the dumb-

      foundment of his "superiors",

      really looking for truth.

      No substitutes.

      I hope I didn't give away too

      much, as the book is almost

      600 pages long, but, actually,

      I haven't, because there is

      so much truth in the story

      that everytime I re-read it,

      I realize something new.

      I know we used to say that

      about certain

      ECK books

      (before Harold) but the

      stuff that Paul took from

      others is timeless as well.

      What was kind of amusing

      is that when I read the book

      the first time, Darwin was

      the "Master."

      One of the first main characters

      in the story is the "Music Master."

      prometheus wrote:

      Here's a review from Amazon.com

      of Magister Ludi, Master of the Game:

      "What is the Glass Bead Game?

      It is no less than the highest

      reason that an entire future

      civilization exists. It is the

      grand and ongoing synthesis

      of all knowledge into a unified,

      integrated whole (a Unio Mystica.)

      It is an attempt to forge a

      holographic intellectual world

      where all is interconnected and

      reflected in every part. This is

      a mission to weave the golden

      thread of significance and meaning

      through every part of a culture-

      science and the arts and the

      spiritual are all unified into a

      system of

      concentric, interpenetrating

      rings.

      All this is primarily accomplished

      by using the language of music

      and mathematics as common

      universal symbolism (the "glass

      beads" are part of a symbolic

      physical

      aid that was once used

      for this purpose.)

      It is no wonder that the book

      places the first origins of the

      game with Pythagoras, Gnostics,

      and Socratic ethics. No wonder

      that the League of Journeyers

      to the East also figure prominently

      in its development. To some

      extent the Game has been the

      goal of all sensitive and introspective

      individuals and groups down

      through the ages.

      All of this stands in stark contrast

      to our own Feuilletonistic Age

      where all knowledge, all culture,

      is unsynthesized, chaotic, and

      largely meaningless babble.

      The crisis that develops from

      this is that even if you accomplish

      this grand synthesis in some isolated

      ivory tower refuge of

      intellectual

      contemplatives- it isn't enough.

      It is necessary to reach out to the

      entire society once it is achieved

      in the same way that a Bodhisattva

      attempts to enlighten the rest

      of

      mankind instead of individually

      passing onto Nirvana. The entire

      society must be made whole and

      sacred and not just an isolated elite.

      This is the realization that comes

      even to the Magister Ludi, the

      Master of the Game.

      For the game to be ultimately

      meaningful we have to coach

      everyone to eventually become

      Masters."

      Thus, another reason to justify religion!

      Or, can this same thing (i.e. the inflow/

      outflow principle) be accomplished without

      the religious strings attached? Not by

      Eckankar! ECKists have strings attached

      to their membership donations or else

      they can lose