5Re: Eck Spiritual Skills Seminar, etc.

  • ctecvie
    Mar 9, 2005
      Hello Prometheus,

      > I see that there is an extention to sign-up for this March 24-27
      > seminar and that there will even be workshops at the new Eck
      > Spiritual Center... whoopee! The extention must mean that not as
      > many people are signing up as they had hoped. Even late March in
      > Minnesota can produce nasty weather. So why not choose Florida
      > instead! Too bad Harold isn't more sensitive to his followers.

      I cannot understand why those seminars are held in one place only
      from this year on! I guess it's because Harold doesn't want to
      travel. :-)) OK, the place in Chanhassen is nice, and while I still
      was an Eckist, I liked the temple very much and had a coming-home
      feeling. But I don't think I would like to travel there every year!
      It's not that nice ... :-))

      > I think back to all of the money I spent on travel, hotels, and
      food
      > at these seminars and it amazes me how much money people spend
      going
      > to these redundant events. However, it was nice to see old friends
      > and do some sight-seeing (of sorts).

      It's amazing for sure. It depends on the priorities you have. My
      husband and me sometimes went to such a seminar, but not too often.
      You just have to decide what you want. We didn't always want to have
      a seminar, though! :-) But sometimes we decided to attend one and
      then we liked it. But I know eckists who travel to Minneapolis every
      year. They don't have much money so they travel by car from Qu├ębec
      every year. It's exhausting for sure, and their health is not the
      best. But they want to do it, so they do it - each and every year. It
      always amazed me because I think there are for sure things you can do
      at home that are as spiritual as going to the worldwide?? :-)

      > I threw away
      > hundreds of dollars worth of books, discourses, pocket posters,
      > brochures, HU cards, etc. when I left one year ago. My wife and we
      > probably spent at least $30,000 in just attending seminars and
      > $3,000 on study materials and vahana stuff. This of course doesn't
      > cover the yearly donation which probably over the years totaled to
      > around $15,000 at least!

      We threw away all of our books and pictures and things, too! And
      there are still things turning up from dark corners from time to
      time! The last book I have is the leadership handbook for initiates 2-
      4. I will give that to a new eckist who needs to read it for final
      decision whether she shall stay or not. Before giving it away, I read
      it through. It's quite clear to me that the goal has been since a
      very long time ... recruiting new members. That's why this training
      was set up. It's good that I didn't get around to finish it because
      after 2 sessions I started to read Ford Johnson's book and then my
      husband and I left! :-)

      > Anyway, if anyone wants to vent some anger or frustration for the
      > years of deception and share some information or insights please
      > feel free to do so. I'm amazed at the new clarity of mind and
      > freedom I now feel from having left Eckankar. I still have some Eck
      > books and even have an Eckist friend fax me her Mystic World and
      > sometimes her H.I. Letter when I ask. When I re-read these books
      and
      > look at Paul Twitchell's or Harold's words with more clarity and
      > scrutiny I can now see the truth behind their deceptions.

      Yes the mind gets very clear, doesn't it? It's so good! And it's
      true, too, that when you read those books with your "new" eyes, the
      deceptions are quite obvious. The problem is that there's truth in
      the teaching, but it's somehow distorted and twisted - it's truth,
      and then it's not truth. That's quite confusing.

      Thanks for the site!