4666Re: Interview

    May 4 5:58 PM
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda" <anankivel@...> wrote:

      > I am currently working on a paper on Eckankar for Religions of the World class. While I plan on trying to interview someone that is currently practicing, I would also like to interview someone that used to practice the religion. I know there is controversy surrounding the religion and that some consider it a cult. If the person did not want to meet or talk face to face I could supply the interview questions to them and be emailed back the responses.
      >
      > Any assistance you could provide would be great. I do not want to do a paper with just the one side and would like a former member's insight to the religion as well. I would also site that the person is anonymous in my work.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Amanda Nankivel

      Hello, Amanda!

      Could you explain a bit about yourself and why you
      selected eckankar for your Religions of the World
      class? How did you come to find eckankar? I hope
      you are reading the posts on this site--they should
      give you a very good look at former members'
      perspectives and experiences--many have posted
      why they dropped out of the cult! I also recommend
      that you check out Ford Johnson's book "Confessions
      of a God Seeker" and James Davis's posts on why he
      left eckankar. Both Johnson and Davis were long time
      followers of eckankar and quite active in the upper
      levels of the org.

      BTW, if you are a member of this site, you can go to
      the Files and read chapters 6-10 of Confessions of a
      God Seeker. The message board and archives are
      available for reading without joining. However, there is a lot
      of good info in the Files but they can only be read by
      members.

      Good luck,