4565Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Voodoo, Wicca, Satanism, Native American Shamanism

    Mar 9 4:44 PM
      I think there were more members than that
      During the time of Darwin Gross. Someone
      at atom.org suggested 3 million by the time
      Darwin was ousted.

      I never heard that number during my time
      in Eckankar (beginning 1987). The number
      that does come to mind is 50,000 +.

      If those figures you gave are correct then
      membership has declined, I suspect.

      BTW, there was an article in paper today
      about a new study about religious members.
      Part of the title read "Those claiming to have
      no religion on increase" The report was from
      The Program on Public Values at Trinity Coll-
      ege in Hartford, Conn. They surveyed "54,461
      adults in English or Spanish from February
      through November of last year".