4243Historical Basis For The ECK Temples

    Jan 5, 2009
      Hi Sharon and All,
      Here's the site from The Truth-Seeker on the ECK Temples.
      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/pdfViewer.asp?dest=docs/Temples%20Chart.pdf

      Sharon,
      I, too, have the book Jadoo, but I don't find it very interesting.
      It is, however, probably where Twitch got the name for his cat.
      I'll have to look at the book more to see if, or on what page, it
      mentions The Cliffhanger. Thanks for the info!

      Prometheus

      Sharon wrote:

      > Etznab -
      >
      > Lane wrote the "historicity" essay. Much of the not-TMOASM material
      on the internet is from Lane's early a.r.e. posts, but that's not always clearly
      stated. You should be able to verify sources & find the original a.r.e. posts
      by using Google's advanced group search, but unfortunately I've done that
      using complete information on subject, author, date, etc. and sometimes
      the original post just doesn't turn up. I get a bit frustrated with Google's
      usenet searches sometimes. They're just not as good as the old original
      "Dejanews".

      > If you find any broken links or pages at the geocities/eckcult site,
      please let me know and I'll try to fix them. I'm the current "custodian"
      of that site. Unfortunately, there are a lot of links on the internet to
      pages that used to exist years ago. I used to write to webmasters to
      ask them to update but, having fizzled out on checking & keeping my
      own links up to date, I understand why many dead links will never get
      fixed.

      > By the way, you might be interested in checking out John A. Keel's
      1957 book, "Jadoo". It's the kind of book Twitch definitely would have
      read, and he probably envied Keel's genuine adventures. You might be
      able to recognize stories that Twitch may have re-written and used himself,
      since your memory is much better than mine. I believe the book is the source
      of Twitch's "cliffhanger" phrase and his supposed cat's name. The Katsupari
      Monastery is also mentioned.

      > Have a good week, everyone!
      >
      > Hugs,
      >
      > Sharon
      >
      > PS - Prometheus, over the holidays I was responding to one
      of your posts but the computer "burped", I lost it, and didn't have
      time to re-write. Cayce's a.r.e. is "Association for Research & Enlightenment".

      Digest Number 1292 - There is 1 message in this issue.
      > > 1a. Re: Rebazar and Other EK Masters are Myths

      Posted by: "etznab

      > > Prometheus,
      > >
      > > Thanks for that link.
      > >
      > > I know there are some different versions
      > > of Lane's research on different pages, but
      > > not all of the pages and chapter links are
      > > up and working.
      > >
      > > In the last section on that link:
      > >
      > > The Historicity of Rebazar Tarzs and the question
      > > of Lane's biases:
      > >
      > > who is the author there? Like, the section that
      > > begins with:
      > >
      > > 1. Concerning the historicity of the Eck Masters ....
      > >
      > > is that David Lane speaking (writing) that, or is
      > > it commentary by someone else? I wasn't clear.
      > >
      > > The title at the top of the page makes me think
      > > this page was written by D.L. - and the part where
      > > he talks about his sister being a lawyer and then
      > > gives the initials.
      > >
      > > It doesn't really say on the page who is / was the
      > > author, but judging by the page address it looks
      > > like David's work.
      > >
      > > I found that part about Rebazar Tarzs interesting.
      > > And what was said about the names Kirpal Singh
      > > & Sawan Singh.
      > >
      > > I read: "Now in this book, he mentions Kirpal
      > > Singh's and Sawan Singh's names profusely."
      > >
      > > Is this pertaining to The Tiger's Fang? I'd like
      > > to ask David how he knows that. Do you think he
      > > saw the 1963 Tiger's Fang manuscript? Or, was it
      > > told to him by someone who did.
      > >
      > > It would be good to verify this. IMO.
      > >
      > > Etznab
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic