4167Re: What now?

    Dec 4, 2008
      Hello Ma-li,
      I thought I'd respond as well. For one
      thing I can't recommend anything to
      read, but I find many of the resources
      listed on this site to be interesting.

      As far as believing these and other sources
      of info I don't! It's too easily to accept anything
      and everything by the so called "experts." I
      definitely don't buy into it or need to. Everyone
      seems to be selling something for one reason
      or another. The Truth is out there, is usually
      subjective, and is found within by each Soul.

      Ma-li wrote:
      [snip]
      "Would anyone like to share with me how you
      handled it when you decided to leave, and
      especially what did you do about the spiritual
      exercises? If Jesus, the Mahanta, and all the
      Eck Masters never really existed, except in
      writers' fertile minds, then who/what is
      left but God?"

      *ME: Well, I'd known for a long time that
      many things in ECKankar just didn't make
      sense and didn't add up even though I wanted
      it to. I really wanted to believe in the Mahanta,
      and in the initiations but it was getting tougher
      every time Klemp or one of his higher H.I.s
      opened his/her mouths. Klemp's nutty and
      one dimensional stories didn't help either.
      I found that I had to put blinders on and hold
      my nose in order to swallow it in order to sound
      believable to others.

      However, I've always known and had proof of
      Soul, the Holy Spirit or Spirit, and of GOD (WhatEver).
      I don't know of the workings or of the Why and How
      of many specifics outside of my realm of experience
      and of those spiritual Beings that I know who walk
      amongst us. I stopped my EK spiritual exercises
      or at least the way I used to do them. BTW-Many
      long-time H.I.s don't do real spiritual exercises
      because they're too busy. Sitting outside and taking
      in Nature is a very pleasant experience and I do still
      HU from time to time. Ever since I left ECKankar I
      can experience a Oneness with All There Is and a
      Contentment that I could never achieve while under
      the Stress of the EK org! It's quite amazing to give
      up what you seek in order to find it! But, this is nothing
      new is it?

      "God has always been the "real" aspect of my
      beliefs. IT is in everything, be it rocks, trees,
      the two-legged beings, the four-legged beings,
      the winged, or the swimming beings. IT is the
      warm Summer breeze that tickles the leaves.
      IT is the rain that gives and sustains life for
      the rooted beings. IT is everywhere in everything.
      IT IS ME, and I AM IT."

      *ME: YES! IT IS! I am finding that being outside
      and walking silently (no I-Pod) or sitting and
      observing Nature is very contemplative and
      peaceful. But, the I-Pod is nice too at times!
      The past tunes take one back to one's youth
      and beyond and into other times as does reading
      about or watching history on TV. It's good to
      know about how we became who we are and
      what we think we are in order to know more
      about Soul and the I AM of Beingness.

      "All this being said, I don't know what to do
      about spiritual exercises, or how to progress
      from here. It's like I'm standing alone once again,
      and need to make a choice about what to do next.
      If someone would care to share their experiences
      and choices from this point, I'd appreciate it. You
      can use my private email if you'd prefer."

      *ME: Don't do anything for now. It will come to you.
      Maybe you could explore the Why? Why did you
      buy into ECKankar for as long as you did? Was it
      because of friends and/or the promise of God-
      Realization via Initiation? Many people have trouble
      giving it up and letting it go because of peer pressure.
      I admit that I thought those Higher Initiations would
      give clarity to it all and it did because I saw the lies
      after reading Confessions of a God Seeker. And, after
      I left the clarity was even greater! It finally came together
      and I saw the con and the realized why there were so
      many flaws and knew that Klemp had neither Powers or
      a Higher Consciousness! The "WHY" is important to
      me because if I didn't learn about the WHY and my
      reasons for joining ECKankar then I could repeat the
      same mistake again. Knowing thyself is important!

      [snip]
      Ma-li (also) wrote:
      "...Then the doubts and mental processes begin
      working until he's got himself almost convinced
      he really screwed up the test, but he doesn't want
      to go back and change answers because he also
      feels he did the best he could.

      What does he do to fill the empty space?"

      *ME: JUST BE! Twitchell even said this at one time
      (before he took it back!). I wonder where he stole
      it from? I think I read it in The Path of the Masters!
      Still, it's true! The thing is.... we don't need no stinkin'
      middleman/Mahanta or Religion! We are our own
      Masters in the making.

      When one follows another they give up their ability
      to choose and to discover their own Truth. They
      give up any hope of Self Mastery. Most people need
      a religion to believe in when they can't believe in
      Self. However, the True Seeker discovers Truth in
      Everything and need Not follow anyone or any dogma.
      No Thing becomes the IS of one's Beingness.