4162What now?

  • mhstarlings
    Dec 3, 2008

      I have come to the place where I was in 1973 before I joined
      Eckankar. The difference is whatI know now, and all the years of Eck
      teachings that have filled those years up to maybe 7 years ago.
      Seven years is how long it's been since I felt "right" about
      remaining in Eckankar, and it's taken me this long to find answers,
      and to make the decision to sever my ties with it.

      Would anyone like to share with me how you handled it when you
      decided to leave, and especially what did you do about the spiritual
      exercises? If Jesus, the Mahanta, and all the Eck Masters never
      really existed, except in writers' fertile minds, then who/what is
      left but God?

      God has always been the "real" aspect of my beliefs. IT is in
      everything, be it rocks, trees, the two-legged beings, the four-
      legged beings, the winged, or the swimming beings. IT is the warm
      Summer breeze that tickles the leaves. IT is the rain that gives
      and sustains life for the rooted beings. IT is everywhere in
      everything. IT IS ME, and I AM IT.

      All this being said, I don't know what to do about spiritual
      exercises, or how to progress from here. It's like I'm standing
      alone once again, and need to make a choice about what to do next.
      If someone would care to share their experiences and choices from
      this point, I'd appreciate it. You can use my private email if
      you'd prefer.

      Thank you all for being here, and thank you so much Prometheus for
      creating this forum for people like me to find when they search for
      the answers.

      Namaste

      Ma-li
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic