41Re: Ford Johnson's book: "Confessions of a God Seeker"

  • ctecvie
    Apr 10, 2005
      Hello Prometheus and Mish,

      > I mentioned to Ingrid that maybe Ford should be more selective as
      > who he invites in to his HCS. Maybe he needs a private site
      (within
      > HCS) for those who demonstrate a higher consciousness via their
      > postings to others on his BBs. Those who are truly Truth/God
      Seekers
      > and have their egos in control, and are capable of critical
      thinking
      > and discrimination would be allowed on that private site. Just a
      > thought... do you think it would work? Do you think it would ever
      be
      > done?

      Well it was mentioned that there should be a private e-mail exchange
      for those who are interested more deeply in conspiracy theory. I
      think that this would be excellent. I'm a bit tired of all the
      conspiracy stuff posted there lately, and I would love to have some
      new discussion topics and see new people coming to the sites. If
      there's too much focus on one kind of topic, then it will attract
      people who are interested in that specific topic and all the others
      who would have to say interesting things, too, will stay away.

      Well, personally I think it will continue on the BBs as it was done
      in the past - conspiracy will always be a topic, and I don't think
      that there will be any splitting. Perhaps more people will stay away
      and only those who can contribute something to the conspiracy stuff
      will stay on the sites.

      > Do you or Ingrid or anyone else out there have any ideas on the
      > subject. I know its just speculation, but I wonder how one would
      go
      > about such an endeavor? What criteria would one use?

      I think that if there is a topic in which many people are interested
      it should be discussed for as much time as needed and then be
      closed. I think that it's also necessary to look for a balance in a
      broader range - who posts and which topics are mostly posted. I can
      see a clear imbalance at the moment because the same people come
      back with the same topics and take up much space on the boards. I
      can remember a time when Graham Forsyth's posts were discontinued
      because they said he posted too frequently and tried to impose his
      point of view onto others too much. Well, in my point of view -
      which is limited, of course, because I don't know what is going on
      now and what was going on behind the scene at that time - the BBs
      have come quite close to this point again.

      Well, this is just some ideas - in fact, I don't know exactly how to
      do this. Most of the time, I think, the balance comes about on its
      own and doesn't have to be watched so much.