      From: drubezarne <drubezarne@...>
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 4:57 pm
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Hey Chela Chat: Don't Shoot
      the Messenger!

      Prometheus

      For those who haven't heard about soul forum, it's run by Doug Marman,

      Phil Wellman and Melodie Chrislock. Both Phil and Melodie work with

      Doug to sell his books and share in the profits. They're like a

      conglomorate who use soul forum as a way to make some money off

      unsuspecting H.I.'s. The H.I.'s are invited to join soul forum. Many

      feel like they're privileged to be part of this elite group which only

      allows H.I.'s into the sacred inner sanctum of Doug's domain.

      Regards

      Liska

      > Hi Liz and Liska,

      > Say Liska, what's this "soul forum?"

      > Is it like the official/unofficial EK

      > sites of Chela-Chat and HU-Chat?

      > Who are the ones standing upon the

      > pedestals over there? Are they narrow

      > minded, narcissistic, delusional, and

      > beyond reproach as they are on HU Chat

      > and Chela Chat?

      > In the below comments you mentioned

      > about ECKists renting a 200 person hall

      > in CA. and that only three newcomers

      > showed up. It doesn't sound like the local

      > EK chelas dragged in enough friends and

      > family members! LOL!

      > Of course, after several years of these EK

      > events how many friends and relatives are

      > left that are willing to go to these ECKie

      > events and waste their time and money.

      > These ECKists need to use more ingenuity...

      > invite out-of-town guests to fly or drive

      > over/down/up to California during the

      > week of the EK event and then sucker

      > them into attending "with you." Timing is

      > everything!

      > Years ago I read and heard of where

      > one Satsang group in Miami was getting

      > some very high turnouts at EK events.

      > Of course, some of the numbers of "new

      > people" were really repeats and numbers

      > were "fudged" in other ways slightly, but

      > the total number for a one year period

      > was just over 1,000 "newcomers!" What

      > was even more incredible was that ONLY

      > 3 of the 1,000 people signed up as EK

      > Members from this incredibly large turnout

      > and effort!

      > Then again, I'm certain that the local EK

      > Vahanas and RESA felt very proud that

      > they could present these high numbers

      > to the ESC. And, it could be that this is

      > the real reason (finally after all these years)

      > that there is now less effort being made

      > to have Regional EK Seminars and other

      > unrewarding expenditures of local EK

      > (ESC) funds. Thus, the recent focus upon

      > the Internet and the Internet EK Seminars

      > and mailings. It seems to take awhile for

      > things to trickle down to the troops in

      > the field... yet ECKists believe in an "inner"

      > communication of a "higher" consciousness

      > (Klemp)! What a joke!

      > Still, there is a suggested need for the

      > Lower Plane "outer" work in order to

      > receive those Higher Plane "inner" blessings.

      > Almost all of the ECK Vahana work is really

      > just "Busy Work." It's to keep chelas preoccupied

      > and distracted from thinking and asking

      > questions. And, it's to give chelas a sense

      > of purpose, and to make them feel needed

      > by feeling good about themselves. It's also

      > a valuable brainwashing technique! EKankar

      > has become more like a self-help group.

      > It helps to teach chelas public speaking

      > skills and, thus, self confidence (like

      > Toastmasters). Chelas become missionaries

      > saving people (Souls), but they also become

      > more pious and deluded.

      > Therefore, EKankar becomes a crutch, an

      > attitude of delusion and aloofness, as well

      > as, a drug that one needs to use and lean

      > upon... forever!

      > Prometheus

> [...]

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic