3863Re: Hey Chela Chat: Don't Shoot the Messenger!

  • drubezarne
    Oct 2, 2008
      Hi Prometheus
      At one time I served on the Satsang Society board. Our finances were
      about $13,000. It was the only time I was able learn about the amount
      of money in the society account and this was because we had to vote on
      how to spend it. Later on, after I stopped going to the meetings (I
      only went to one), it was back to secrecy. Once the new RESA took
      over, she said the finances were a mess, but would't reveal how much
      money there was in the account.

      Secrecy in Eckankar is one of its major components. They justify
      secrecy by invoking "The Law of Silence". This made up law is
      sacrosanct in Eckankar and it's used in all kinds of ways from
      covering up the lies and behavior of every Eck Master (Paul, Darwin,
      and Harold) to the non-disclosure of finances.

      Regards
      Liska