3860Re: Hey Chela Chat: Don't Shoot the Messenger!

  • drubezarne
    Oct 1, 2008
      Since Eckankar is one of the most secretive organizations, it's really
      hard to say how they are doing financially. We used to wonder why they
      never sent us annual statements like other religions. I heard they
      moved to Minneapolis to avoid revealing their finances because of
      California laws. All this secret money stuff should be enough of a
      clue that there's something wrong with this group.

      As for clues to how Eckankar is doing one can judge by the turn out at
      local events. For one thing, there are no youth except for a few that
      were brought up in eckankar families.

      When people try to hold events such as intro talks hardly anybody
      shows up. One H.I. from California told a story on soul forum about
      renting a hall for over 200 people for an intro talk. His group
      advertised in the papers, on the radio, and put up posters all over
      the place. When the day of the talk arrived, 3 people showed up.

      H.I.'s on soul forum complained that when they couldn't get enough new
      people to come to their events, the main office said there was
      something wrong with the way they were presenting the message.

      They even had a long drawn out discussion on soul forum trying to
      figure out why young people aren't interested in Eckankar.

      The low turnout at events, no youth, increased charges for audio and
      video broadcasts of Klemp, and the heavy handed advertising for the
      World Wide are all indicators that finances aren't what they used to be.

      Regards
      Liska