      From: D.R.D. <etznab@...>
      Subject: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Michael Owens Trivia
      To: EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 10:53 PM

      I believe it was this quote from Michael's
      Shariyat IV that contributed to my impression
      regarding the Michael Owens lineage of masters:
      [see 2nd paragraph]

      *********

      Michael Owens' experiences that led to his
      proclaiming himself the 974th Living Eck Master
      are much like those of Forsyth and Davis in the
      detail with which these "masters" reinforce the
      Eckankar mythology. Indeed, Owens' claim to
      mastership and spiritual pre-eminence reads much
      like Graham's in his elevation to an exalted
      status as the superior spiritual being. Here is
      a quote from the Shariyat IV by Michael Owens
      (aka, Dan Rin)

      &#65533;There are five primary Masters that teach within
      this line of unfoldment. The first and greatest,
      and the head of all others within this hierarchy
      of love and unfoldment, is Milarepa. He is the one
      that guides [of] all others within this universe&#65533; s
      planes, for he does possess the greatest wisdom of
      all that may be known, except for Dan Rin."

      http://web.archive. org/web/20050609 235830/www. thetruth-
      seeker.com/michael_ owens.asp

      *********

      Etznab

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAn onymous@yahoogro ups.com, "D.R.D."
      <etznab@...> wrote:

      > Here is a copy of TS page from June 2005.
      >
      > http://web.archive. org/web/20050620 234238/http: //www.thetruth-
      > seeker.com/
      >
      > In the upper left hand corner is a link
      > that features data about Michael Owens.
      >
      > http://web.archive. org/web/20050609 235830/www. thetruth-
      > seeker.com/michael_ owens.asp
      >
      > The link from May 2005 doesn't feature it.
      > My old records had a date of June. I'm just
      > guessing this is when it first appeared. Nearly
      > two years to the day (I should better say month)
      > after Michael Owens thought he became a "master".
      >
      > Now that the TS archives are available for
      > viewing, you can look at my posts for June 2005
      > that I made reference to in an earlier post on
      > E.S.A. [see the bottom three]
      >
      > http://web.archive. org/web/20050701 010019/www. thetruth-
      > seeker.com/dispBB. asp
      >
      > Etznab
      >
      > P.S. I wasn't absolutely clear about the line
      > of Masters in the Michael Owens lineage at the
      > time and aren't exactly sure now. I was under
      > the impression that Milerepa was mentioned in
      > the line of Masters connected to Michael's new
      > path. Since Milerepa was a fairly historical
      > person, with a relatively verifiable history,
      > I believed his lineage began there.
      > I don't know what exactly led me to believe
      > this. Whether someting I read at Michael's site,
      > on TS or someplace else. However I'm making this
      > note because I could be wrong and Michael's line
      > (as he describes it) could go back farther than
      > Milerepa. I'm just not sure. I'll probably have
      > to research this for accuracy.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic