370Sun gazing

  • ctecvie
    Aug 11, 2005
      Hello Mish,

      I can see that you "love" sun gazing! LOL (just kidding ...)

      <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
      > Sun Gazing?? What a crock! I lived and traveled in the Middle East
      > several years ago, and became aquainted and familiar with the
      > attitudes/beliefs of the culture and society there. First, I would
      > say that coming up with scams, such as sun gazing, is in part sport
      > and in part a way to sucker people. It's fun to fool people and it
      > elevates your belief in your own superiority. If you can fool
      > people, especially westerners--why surely you are much smarter than
      > them and it makes you feel so good, chuckle, chuckle!

      That's true. Westerners are seemingly so smart ... and they can be
      fooled so easily sometimes!

      > Secondly, it
      > can be quite profitable for you.

      This is so for sure! I remember how once, being on vacation in a
      similar country, a local guy talked to me and made me believe that he
      knew me from the hotel. We went with him to his home and then were
      talked into giving a donation for something. We were lucky that we
      could get away with a relatively small sum of money. The situation
      wasn't really dangerous but could have become so. I just believed him
      because I thought all the people there were friendly! But not all are!

      > It seems, too, that some people have made a lifestyle out of being
      > fools! Looking for truth in all the wrong places! : ) Why not just
      > trust your inner guidance?

      Inner guidance ...?? ;-)) Who needs inner guidance when he can be a
      fool ...!! :-D

      > Well, I suppose some people in their
      > quests for enlightenment have overlooked the basics and have let
      > their inner guidance just rather whither/fade away--or is it some
      > people just don't possess inner guidance and that is why some
      >people
      > are always looking to others for answers that should be found
      within
      > themselves?

      I think that this is close to the truth - as I see it. How about
      finding enlightenment all around us? How about opening our eyes and
      see the beauty of life? Why always do "extraordinary" things for
      enlightenment? I'm not saying that one cannot do extraordinary things
      because they make life interesting, too. But I think that
      enlightenment can be found in doing simple things as waking up in the
      morning and being grateful for the day!

      > I wouldn't want to risk injury to my eyes attempting this! And why
      > would anyone consider that one could survive for years on just
      > sunlight and water? This sun gazing idea is really so silly--I'd be
      > embarrassed to suggest its possibility and validity! : )

      And, why should it make life more enjoyable??