3505Honesty

    May 29, 2008
      Klemp's illustrious example for H.I.s--LOL! I'm
      taking this excerpt from Prometheus' post on the
      June 2008 H.I. Newsletter on Klemp's spin regarding
      my least favorite Supreme Court Justice. Klemp wrote:

      "CLARENCE THOMAS is one of NINE justices on the
      United States Supreme Court. Long before he
      gained that lofty position, he was a cash strapped
      young lawyer trying to feed his family.

      One day, on his way to work, he spotted a wallet
      on the sidewalk. He began to count the bills. At six
      hundred dollars, he stopped counting; there were
      more. The owner's name was inside, so Thomas
      called him. A gruff voice answered. later the owner
      arrived at his office to claim his wallet. Suspiciously,
      he began to count is bills.

      `It's all there!' Thomas said, peeved.

      The man peeled a five-dollar bill from the stack of
      bills and held it out. Thomas snapped, `I didn't do it
      for the money!' The man walked out without even
      a word of thanks.

      This STORY tells of a principled young man Whose
      Destiny was to lead him to a Cherished Seat on the
      highest court of the land. He did need the money.
      Who would ever have known? No one! Yet he did
      the Right Thing, because he would have known.

      In his MEMOIR, My Grandfather's Son, he writes:
      `Honesty is what you do when no one is looking.'"

      Once again, Klemp shows his inability to decipher
      what should be proper and normal human behavior.
      It seems that the disgruntled Thomas and Klemp
      are similar in negative viewpoints. Thomas "shares"
      his experience of finding a wallet with a large sum
      of money on his walk to work one morning. Yes,
      Thomas did the right thing--he notified the owner.
      But then the story should have stopped there, but
      instead, Thomas goes sour when he shares that the
      owner immediately looked inside his wallet to count
      his money. Thomas tells him it's all there--but really
      how does Thomas know how much money had
      originally been in the wallet? He only knows how much
      he counted. Maybe a thief had grabbed some of the
      original money before dropping it on the pavement?
      That is speculation on my part, but it was also
      speculation on Thomas' part to believe no money had
      been lost. Plus, the owner was doing only what would
      be natural--checking to see if the contents were intact!
      However, Thomas got peevish when the man did this--
      which really is a frequent attitude displayed by Klemp as
      well! LOL! To top it off, Thomas criticizes the man for
      only offering him a $5.00 award for the find. Well, it
      seems $5.00 is cheap for sure, but if Thomas were pure
      in doing the right thing, he shouldn't have expected or
      judged what the man would offer or not. I mean that
      would be the highest road! And I also found it interesting
      that Thomas had a job with an office at the time. Sounds
      like he wasn't starving, doesn't it! So just how needy would
      he have been at the time? Probably no more than the common
      man! Of course, I recognize that a black man might have
      felt sensitive to the issue of being honest, but yet a man
      on his way to becoming a supreme court justice, might
      have reflected better on this incident in his memoir so
      many years later. It seems that Thomas and Klemp have
      some very similar attitudes of distrust and anger, still,
      after all these years. Basically, I find Klemp's stories to
      be very depressing and critical of others. His writing style
      is to criticize others' failings in order to make himself
      look good! It's just distraction and delusion! Thomas'
      moral compass in his story really doesn't make up for
      his lack of honesty when under oath. And Klemp's
      feeding on this story is just another example of his
      selling snake oil to his H.I.s LOL!