35Re: Fwd: Arahata Training

  • ctecvie
    Apr 3, 2005
      Hello Prometheus and Mish,

      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

      > Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
      > Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to
      > meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically
      > those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
      > just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those
      > support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries).

      We were at the Spiritual Skills Seminar 2003 in Washington. It was
      fun for us! We thought it was something new and exciting and we
      enjoyed it a lot. Of course now we know that those techniques are
      introduced only for recruitment and not for personal development.
      Seen from this point of view, it doesn't seem so attractive any more.

      > there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
      > actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
      > successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in
      > workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
      > introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few
      > and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
      > and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making
      > or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center
      > attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
      > have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
      > because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

      In Washington, I met an eckist who was this type - very introverted
      and she didn't seem to have a great sense of humor. To me, it seemed
      as if she was drying out from the inside - and I thought once again
      how weird it was that Eckankar could attract such weird people! It
      was not for the first time I noticed that.

      I notice, too, that some ex-eckists haven't left Eckankar completely
      and never will. So, once again, we will have to be very, very
      careful to look for those old patterns inside ourselves.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic