      include it here for eckankar history reference purposes.

      From: http://www.atomworld.org/

      March 2008 ATOM Post

      Sri Darwin Gross, Teacher
      & 972nd Living Master
      Contemplation Seed
      "The one thing we as human beings must learn is to get
      above the astral and mental thoughts and their forces,
      and allow the one God to lead us, then we will not be misled.…
      All the answers to questions the individual might have can
      be found at the temple within."

      Light is Knowledge by Darwin Gross

      To All Our ATOM Friends and Initiates

      It is with deep sadness we announce that our Beloved Master,
      Sri Darwin Gross, translated from his physical body on Saturday,
      March 8th at 10:35 a.m. PST. It is difficult to put into words all
      that Darwin (Darji) was, and still is, and what he meant to so
      many that look to him for Spiritual guidance and succor. Over
      the years his physical body began reflecting the tremendous
      Spiritual workload he had taken on—not only for his chelas
      (students) but for all Life—here on this plane and beyond.

      Darwin had stated in his Will that no memorial or funeral service
      be held. On March 12th his physical body was cremated and his
      ashes dispersed in the ocean at Gleneden Beach on the Oregon
      Coast. Just afterwards, there were four sea gulls that stood at
      attention in a square formation overlooking the spot where the
      ashes had been swept away by the thunderous surf.

      Even though it is hard for us to see him leave this physical world,
      there is no doubt that he had completed his mission here on this
      plane and that he also prepared each and every one of us for this
      next step. He taught us that our dependency must be on the Inner
      Master as the physical body is limited—yet always keeping a
      balance between both worlds. His work continues with each of us
      on the Inner just as before, along with the Love, Guidance and
      Protection of the Inner Master.

      All throughout time there has been a Living Master in this unbroken
      line of Ancient Masters. It is stated in the writings that the Living
      Master is the only one who appoints his successor and that he never
      speaks of whom his successor will be until the appropriate time. It
      is then that he will pass the Rod of Power to his successor at midnight
      on October 22nd. One can delve into the writings and find more
      information, but ultimately we must go to the Temple Within to find
      all of our answers.

      With regard to the outer ATOM works, Darwin's Living Trust provides
      that his writings, music and unpublished works shall be held in trust
      to carry on his memory and life's work as well as his predecessor's,
      Sri Paul Twitchell. The Teachings will continue to be made available
      to those who are interested in this most direct path to God and we will
      keep everyone apprised of any developments.

      Plans that were underway for the ATOM, including outer events, will
      continue to unfold for the good of the whole. Beginning next month,
      the ATOM Post will be physically mailed to those who do not have
      access to the Internet. Until the next Post, we'll close with a song
      written by Darwin, "We Never Say Good-bye":

      We never say good-bye,
      Just so long.
      We'll see you next time
      Some place, somewhere.
      However not so long,
      For we're always with you in the dream state,
      Always with you wherever you may be…
      Til we meet once more,
      Whether it's on the street
      or heaven's door,