3172Re: Disappearing into the black hole of Eckankar

    Feb 17, 2008
      Hi, Liz and All!

      Sorry for the confusion--I edited it twice because the paragraphs were
      messed up a bit and then I wanted to add the source/writer's name--so
      yes, I sent it all three times deleting the previous 2. My apologies for that.

      I thought it was interesting to know where Joan was just before she
      joined up with eckankar in California, and Skip Eisiminger does give
      a reality viewpoint of how others see eckists and eckankar! As for
      the devotion of Joan's first husband to her--well, I'm sure she has her
      story as well, and as an outsider looking in it can be deceiving, perhaps?
      But it sounds like Joan's first husband was surprised by her sudden bolt!

      My guess is that many people look for God in all the wrong places because
      they feel a great void in their lives--they are not satisfied with who they are
      or where they're at, and joining a cult like eckankar is somewhat of an
      easy route--letting some self-proclaimed godman boss and guide almost
      all, if not all, aspects of your life (depending on how deep the delusion is!).

      It is interesting, though, that Joan was in an academic arena where critical
      thinking is stressed, but yet she let it all fly out the window when she took
      off for California and her imaginary heights! LOL!

      Now it would be quite intriguing to know how expedited her rise in the org
      was under the leadership of Darwin Gross--wouldn't it? : )

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <ewickings@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Mish was this posted three times? I got the same email in my inbox?
      > Just wondering if it my email server or you have a computer virus?
      >
      > Isn't it interesting how others that are not ex eckies view these wackjob
      > eckists following the mahanta!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic