3060Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Klemp Proves: Religion is Religion = Myth an...

    Dec 12, 2007

         An apparent contrast between the Lemuria timelines
      in Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book One vs. Book Two, IMO,
      seems connected to the Hindu Yugas.

         Book One mentions these Yugas in the first chapter.
      It is in the 3rd chapter, however, that spells out the root
      races of the Earth (including the Lemurian).

         In The Doctrine of the Eck Marg chapter from Shariyat-
      Ki-Sugmad, Book One, the root races appear to be more
      or less referenced in accord with classic history. However,
      it is not until the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, Book Two, until the
      timeline for Lemuria appears in context to the four Yugas
      from Hindu tradition.

         What this does is pushes the timeline way, way back
      in my opinion). Millions of years, in fact! And in Book 2
      the Polarian race that included Adom & Ede appears to
      get eclipsed by Lemuria "thought of as the Garden of
      Eden" (The Records of the Kros - 1st page).

         Here, in Book Two, it also alludes to the continent of
      Lemuria sunk by earthquakes and tidal waves 50,000
      years ago:

      "[....] These records tell us that the legendary paradise
      of man, thought of as the Garden of Eden, was laid on the
      lost continent of Lemuria which was sunk by earthquakes
      and tidal waves fifty thousand years ago. [....]"

      [The Shariyat-Ki- Sugmad, Book Two, Second Edition -
      1988, p. 107]

         Then, just so many pages later:

      "[....] The Tretya Yuga, or Silver Age, came after the breakup
      of the previous age, when Lemuria, by earthquakes and tidal
      waves, went down under the seas. [....]"

      [The Shariyat-Ki- Sugmad, Book Two, p. 113, Second Edition
      - 1988]

      *********

         Supposing that Lemuria didn't come to an end until 50,000
      years ago (whatever), then obviously Lemuria could not have
      gone "down under the seas" before the Silver Age began so
      many million years ago.

         The numbers just don't add up unless Lemuria survived the
      first cataclysm millions of years ago (IMO).

         I've seen lots of dates in various traditions/mythology's for
      the Four Ages and/or the Four Root Races. I'm not saying
      that I know for certain which ones are correct. The point for
      joining this topic concerns what the teachings of Eckankar
      appear to say about the topic, along with what are my own
      opinions/observations and/or understanding about it based
      upon further research.

         The lesson I learn from looking at the stories from the
      Shariyat is to take another look at what it illustrates for
      ancient Earth history. (BTW, ancient history is a favored
      topic of study for me. One that I've been looking at for a
      number of years now.) I'm learning to ask myself where
      the information came from really, because it's common
      when writing about ancient history for writers to quote a
      previous written source. The reason is that nothing else
      remains in the way of a living eye witness account, so
      all you have to go on is what exists as ancient ruins.

         Now, of course, if there were a spiritual traveler or an
      all-knowing master with access to the actual truth, one
      would probably not expect to find such widely-differing
      illustrations of fact. Especially not ones that have to be
      corrected years later, unless somebody put down the
      wrong information to begin with.

         Forgive me for writing at lengh on this one, but the
      subject is a personal favorite of exploration.

         Over the years when I see questionable, conflicting
      and hard to believe information about ancient history I
      naturally want to begin looking at its composition. In
      fact, the history of the composition of history, where
      the one does not necessarily equate to the other, or
      writing it down in a book does not necessarily make
      something out to be automatically true. No matter
      what the name of the alleged author which, again,
      writing down a word does not necessarily make it
      real in the sense of "historically true". Bugs Bunny
      is a historical truth, but the historical truth of imag-
      ination! He is an imaginary character!

         In other words, animation depends on a living
      being to animate the imaginary character. When
      the animator of the character departs, all that is
      left is the history of an animation. In other words,
      records which can be played over and over again.
      They will never amount to anything new, but will
      play the same pictures over and over again just
      as they were first composed. New animations
      amount to a new animator, IMO, compared to
      the older forms on record.

         Much that I have seen in the way of ancient
      history was the product of imagination. Myths
      are a good example of imaginary history, IMO.
      Sometimes its bits and pieces of actual events
      recorded along with what somebody imagined
      to be the whole story - because they simply
      couldn't remember, or they never saw the rest
      of it. The whole picture.

         Again, I think this happens with ancient history
      because the people who actually witnessed it are
      gone. It's as if the "life" were gone out of it and all
      that remained were so many inanimate objects.
      Books, stories, legends and myths. IMO, we can
      animate the remains, but can we bring back the
      actual life of the previous witness? Can we bring
      back Paul Twitchell and ask him to explain what
      he meant, and why?

         Well, how about the people who wrote ancient
      history, but at the same time were removed from
      it by hundreds, thousands, or millions of years?
      Or how about those who weren't, but who were
      removed nevertheless?

         I think we have to research, investigate, and
      rediscover the truth for ourselves whenever the
      truth appears obviously incredible. Future gen-
      erations might even come to thank us for it. In
      my opinion. (Especially if we ourselves happen
      to become those future generations.)

      Etznab

      See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic