2930Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] KLEMP Rewrites & Distorts History in TWEM!

    Oct 11, 2007

         I'm not sure if this is the earliest source about Rebazar Tarzs
      and Columbus, but it isn't particular about what kind of guide-
      ance. It only says "Christopher Columbus' inner guidance".

      "Rebazar Tarzs was born in the year of 1461, in the mountain
      village of Sarana in northern Tibet. He developed into mastership
      under the spiritual guidance of Yaubl Sacabi. It was he who was
      responsible for Christopher Columbus' inner guidance. He stayed
      on earth for seventy-five years [until 1536?] teaching ECK, then
      he retired in the same body to the mountainous vastness of the
      Himalayas. He has spiritually developed several ECK Masters,
      and is responsible for the passing of the Rod of ECK power from
      one master to his successor. He also developed spiritually
      Peddar Zaskq." [my brackets]

      [Based on: The Spiritual Notebook, by Paul Twitchell, 10th
      printing 1983, pp. 193-194]

         Here is another source that mentions it was Fubbi Quantz
      that "encouraged his voyage" Both Eckankar dictionaries, by
      Paul [1973 post-mortem] & Harold [1998] appear to agree.

      "Fubbi Quantz. FOO-bee KWAHNTS The Mahanta, the Living
      ECK Master during the time of Buddha, about 500 B.C. He com-
      pleted his mission, then immortalized his body, and is now the
      guardian of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad at the Katsupari Monastery
      in northern Tibet. A teacher of Firdusi, the Persian poet, he was
      also the spiritual guide for Columbus and encouraged his voyage
      to the Americas in order to revitalize the depleted nutrition of the
      Europeans."

      [Based on: A Cosmic Sea of Words: The ECKANKAR Lexicon,
      By Harold Klemp]

         In Dialogues, Chap. five, Doug Marman writes:

      ".... Paul described the spiritual line of ECK Masters, not for
      its historical accuracy based upon historical records, but to
      show that as the Sufis say there is always one who is the
      spiritual Pole of the world, and this light has passed from
      continent to continent, from race to race, from culture to
      culture, down through time."

         I am not certain how to interpret that sentence in The
      Spiritual Notebook regarding Rebazar Tarzs: "He stayed
      on earth for seventy-five years teaching ECK, then he
      retired in the same body to the mountainous vastness
      of the Himalayas." (Doesn't that imply still on Earth? In
      a physical [living I suppose] body?)

         According to "current" record it was 1951 when Paul
      Twitchell met Rebazar Tarzs:

      "He said he had come across the teachings through Sudar
      Singh in a general way as early as 1935, then studied them
      in depth with Rebazar Tarzs starting in 1951."

      [Based on: Article (Getting the ECK Message Out) by Harold
      Klemp - see link]

      http://www.eckankar.org/Masters/Peddar/man.html#training

         However, what I find most "telling" is where Paul Twitchell
      "heard" about Rebazar Tarzs:

      "[....] Sudar Singh often spoke of Rebazar Tarzs, a Tibetan
      saint, whom he said was reputed to be over five hundred years
      old, and was at the time living in the foothills between Darjeeling
      and Gangtock somewhere, but presently has a small abode in
      the Hindu Kush mountains on the Afghanistan-Kashmir frontier,
      near Tibet. [....]"

      [Based on: ECKANKAR, Compiled Writings Volume 1, Paul
      Twitchell (Copyright 1975 by Gail T. Gross), p. 32]

         Here is another paragraph with reference to what
      Sudar Singh (Or, was that Brad Steiger?) "had said":

      "This year in India was not spent totally in an attitude of holy
      learning. Paul had reached his sixteenth birthday, and he
      decided that he needed a furlough from the ashram. He traveled
      to Bombay, put up in a hotel, and then set out in search of a
      holy man who Sudar Singh had said was extremely wise in
      the ways of God."

      [Based on: IN MY SOUL I AM FREE (ISBN 0-914766-11-2),
      by Brad Steiger (Copyright 1968?), p. 53]

      (Yes, yes, I know about the uncertainty of the 1935 meeting
      with Sudar Singh as explained here on E.S.A. a dozen times.
      I'm only quoting, and are not "stating" facts.)

         In another example the words "said to be" are used with
      regard to Rebazar Tarzs:

      " 'I suppose this protest period grew out of the fact that, shortly
      after the war, I had returned to see Sudar Singh in Allahabad.
      It was while renewing my physical bonds with Sudar Singh that
      I met the ancient Tibetan master, Rebazar Tarzs, who is said to
      be several hundred years old. It was under this holy man that I
      truly began to perfect my study of Eckankar and to master the
      techniques of soul travel, the ancient path to God-consciousness.' "

      [Based on: IN MY SOUL I AM FREE (ISBN 0-914766-11-2), by
      Brad Steiger (Copyright 1968?), pp. 59-60]

         What year was this? after the war when Paul Twitchell was
      renewing his bonds with Sudar Singh that he met Rebazar
      Tarzs? 1951?

         In another place Sudar Singh appears to be already dead
      before Paul goes searching for Rebazar Tarzs:

      "[....] My sole purpose was to find the elusive Tibetan lama,
      known as Rebazar Tarzs, of whom I had heard much from the
      late Sudar Singh at Allahabad. [....] It was a hot summer after-
      noon in 1951. [....]"

      [Based on: ECKANKAR, Compiled Writings Volume 1, Paul
      Twitchell (Copyright 1975 by Gail T. Gross), p. 32]

      *********

         With regard to the year ("about") 1935 when Paul first
      ("allegedly") met Sudar Singh:

      "Since the advent of ECKANKAR into the modern world,
      starting about 1935, the crises in human affairs have be-
      come more intense and now seem at the bursting point.
      It appears that this ancient teaching which has made its
      way back into the attention of the world, after lying
      dormant for centuries, is here for a purpose. That is to
      bring a stronger spiritual strength to all those who
      become  its followers. [....] The Ancient One, the agent
      of God,  whom we call the Messiah, or the Godman,
      appears in the world with every new age. Now he has
      appeared with the age-old teachings of ECK, which will
      give the human race a spiritual boost, taking many over
      the crisis into the realm of God. The way will be perfectly
      clear now that many can see where the path of God is
      leading them."

      [Based on: ECKANKAR, Compiled Writings Volume 1,
      Paul Twitchell - Copyright 1975 by Gail T. Gross, p. 123]

      (In L.T.G. Vol. II - 4th printing 1986 - on page 156, second
      paragraph, Paul Twitchell writes to Gail - in a letter dated
      July 12, 1963 - about a great spiritual teacher that comes
      to this earth every thousand years. The last sentence in
      that paragraph (illustrated in italics the whole letter) reads:
      "I don't know who is the present true master here now,
      nor do I know who was the past." This was in July, 1963!)

         Given that the name Sudar Sing has been used to replace
      both Swami Premananda and Kirpal Singh in some instances,
      perhaps it would be worthwile to learn if they too also knew,
      or had heard, about a wise master several hundred years old?

         ".... Paul described the spiritual line of ECK Masters, not
      for its historical accuracy based upon historical records, but
      to show that as the Sufis say there is always one who is the
      spiritual Pole of the world, and this light has passed from
      continent to continent, from race to race, from culture to
      culture, down through time."

         When considering the spiritual line of Eck Masters,
      I too believe something has passed "... from continent
      to continent, from race to race, from culture to culture,
      down through time."

         Lots and lots of stories, among other things. Though
      not necessarily the "whole" truth. Especially since people
      are - even today - having to throw "light" on the picture
      still :)

      Etznab

      See what's new at http://www.aol.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic