2903Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Don Ginn - The Next LEM?

  • Elizabeth
    Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Mish and all,

      I am surprised too that eckankar doesn't go into further detail,  explaining how a will should be written so family members can not contest such a donation.  (or do they?)

      When I was still a member, my DH and I had wills drawn up through an attorney I use for family issues.  I questioned how a portion could be left to my church.  My attorney gave me a funny look and said "your family should always come first"!  We had an interesting conversation, and in the end I didn't leave anything to eckankar.    ;-)     All it takes is discussing something of this nature with an outsider, and they tend to have a much better way of putting the important things into perspective.

      Liz

      Mish wrote:

      Here's the exact statement posted by Bob Hepple on the
      California Satsang Society Chela News & Events  publication
      regarding raising money for their building fund:

      "How can I donate? There are many ways that you can donate.
      Enclosed is an envelope and donation form that will allow
      you to receive a tax receipt for your check or credit card
      donation. Also enclosed are two brochures, published by
      ECKANKAR Spiritual Center, that explain how to bequeath
      the California Satsang Society in your will or living trust,
      or make the Society a beneficiary of your retirement,
      pension plan, or life insurance policy."

      This very plainly states how such cult groups like eckankar go
      after members' money.
      <snip>
       Another disturbing thing is how blatantly eckankar goes after members money,
      including pensions, life insurance and other money that
      most people bequeath to surviving family members. This
      shows how callous eckankar is regarding family structure
      and well-being. Eckankar breaks down family ties in order
      to get the family money! But of course that is what all cults
      are after--bleeding chelas dry but making them imagine
      they are getting something in the bargain, a stairway to
      heaven, perhaps!

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic