2889Re: I like your approach

    Sep 27, 2007
      Hi Billie,
      Welcome to the site! I'm curious about this Yoga instructor.
      Was she the EK Local Director or in some other high position?
      I'm, also, curious as to how she approached you and slipped
      the Eckankar propaganda into the conversation. Was karma,
      past lives, chi/eck, HU, the heart center, love, or mention
      of detachment used or was it another approach?

      Yes, these Eckists talk like parrots (intro brochures) of all kinds
      of things like Planes, dreams and Soul travel, past lives, karma,
      spiritual growth, Masters, outer/inner protection, and Soul.
      However, the founder of Eckankar Paul Twitchell used the teachings
      of other religions such as (but not limited to) Radhasoami & Ruhani
      Satsang in order to create his own personal scam/vocation/joke
      that he named Eckankar. Years later, (1969), PT found it necessary
      to create the title of "Mahanta" in order to place his words and
      teachings above all others and to keep his hold on his membership
      during unrestful times and when there was criticism from without
      and within the org.

      The truth is, each Eckist creates and recreates Eckankar to fit
      their own personal agendas, habits, needs, and opinions because
      there are no real specifics beyond the Mental Plane to follow. This is
      why many needy (fearful) Eckists mimic Klemp (EMR problems, etc.).
      Klemp, too, always has the final word and is always right regardless
      of logic and common sense. Therefore, HK (like a Pope) never
      corrected or added new insights to HIS OWN earlier observations or
      comments as LEM/Mahanta in his "Autobiography." HK has stated
      that consciousness, even for one with the "Mahanta" Consciousness,
      is ever expanding.

      Thus, according to Klemp many of the the comments and writings
      made in a earlier time by the one and only (original) Mahanta, Twitchell,
      are no longer relevant to the times! Why aren't Klemp's earlier comments
      and observations that are taken from two other earlier books ("Child"
      and "Soul Travelers") and used to create HK's "Autobiography" subject
      to this same standard?

      Besides, is it the "Mahanta Consciousness" that is ever increasing
      or Soul's ability to decipher or understand it? HK confuses Eckists
      in order to keep them guessing, off balance, and dependent upon
      him for answers that they must, eventually, accept (surrender to).
      This is, of course, a type of brain-washing/fear technique used by
      power mongers and religions world-wide and throughout history!

      The regulations become clearer when Eckists are instructed
      to follow the org's outer Guidelines and the membership structure.
      These are always updated, corrected, or deleted as were Twitchell's
      earlier works. Only the Shariyats and a few other books have survived
      Klemp's censorship.

      Still, most Eckists know of the Unspoken Guidelines of Behaviour
      that prevents chelas from asking too many questions or the
      "wrong" questions. Violations of these Unspoken Guidelines will
      prevent a chela from receiving an Initiation within the "normal"
      time frame (now used) for that level of initiation. These "Violations"
      will also prevent some chelas from being appointed to Local
      Satsang Society Positions of EK Leadership. Of course, there are
      cases where some these "Unspoken Guidelines" become very
      subjective from RESA to RESA.

      Anyway, Klemp wants to create an atmosphere of fear and
      contradiction because it allows the chelas' imaginations to
      fill-in the blanks and to place their trust in him as they "surrender"
      their spiritual freedom and independent responsibility as Soul.
      Each member (chela) of Eckankar is encouraged to create their
      own reality, but only according to Eckankar. Eckists don't want
      to admit it or to see the Truth that all religions do the same,
      except, in their own unique fashion.

      The problem that Klemp has is that the Eckankar teachings (the
      dogma created by Twitchell) gives the "Inner" Mahanta via chelas'
      imaginations more and greater authority for Eckists than does the
      Outer (physical) LEM - Klemp! Ironically, this is a Catch-22 for Klemp!
      Klemp (the LEM) is not a pretty picture of what many Eckists want
      to become or can become (male). Why have these physical limitations
      anyway? Can't one create, through imagination, so much more on
      the "inner" in this present life with hopes of even greater adventures
      and rewards in the Continuation of Existence after this physical life?!
      Of course, and this is also the Kal Trap that Klemp preaches in order
      to prevent Souls from leaving his fold/prison of illusion!

      Therefore, Eckankar (like any religion) is a mixed bag of half-truths
      whose goal is to increase membership. They all do this by making a
      lot of promises that their competition (other religions) make with
      a different spin. Eckankar's spin includes the multi-level
      initiations, the belief in Soul (as us), the multiple Planes, karma,
      Masters, the LEM/Mahanta etc. to set itself apart from other Western/
      Eastern New Age religions. It's a hodge-podge religion with some
      Christian Bible quotes (King James Version) along with references
      to Rumi, etc. thrown in for good measure!

      Eckists have to develop a good imagination just to believe these
      ramblings of half-truths. Unfortunately, as one believes and accepts
      more and more while surrendering logic, common sense, and critical
      thinking they also become more deluded and dependent upon the
      fictional andimaginary Mahanta to make every decision for them.
      Co-dependence versus Co-workership becomes the reality for these
      Eckists. And, this dysfunction causes other maladies which tend to
      increase through the years and with each higher initiation level.

      Anyway, please feel free to coment more!

      "Billie Watkins Jr" samaustinashlee_billiewjr@> wrote:

      > > "THIS IS NOT A SITE for those Eckists who want to do their vahana
      > > (missionary) work by thinking they need to argue for Eckankar or
      > > protect their beloved mahanta from the truth. If Klemp is what he says
      > > (but he isn't!) then why would he need to be protected from the Truth
      > > and the comments shared on this site? Therefore, arguments defending
      > > Eckankar will be DELETED. Sorry, if you want to do battle for Eckankar
      > > find another site. Besides, the Spiritual Volunteer Guidelines for
      > > posting on the Internet states that Eckists shouldn't get into negative
      > > discussions about Eckankar. If you go against the guidelines approved
      > > by HK then you also go against your mahanta."
      > >

      > I really like what you have stated. I have been doing Yoga for
      > about 10 years and I recently started going to a gym here at University
      > of New Orleans. The head instructor ask me to come to her (she is the
      > head of the organization here) to group for several events this weekend.
      >
      > I learned in my life, starting with "Believe half of what you see and
      > nothing that you read",politics and christianity, I don't buy into,
      > pardon me, any shit anyone has to sell me.
      >
      > I obviously did not go, spent time with my family, and told myself
      > to do some research online to see about this eakaradagedoodee stuff.
      >
      > I guess people need a savior, no matter how they get it. This has,
      > and still does, happen all the time. Anyway, enough of my babal,
      > thanks again.
      >
      > Billie Watkins Jr.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic