280Re: Eckankar: The H.I. Letter June 2005

    Jul 19, 2005
      Hi Ingrid,

      <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
      >Hello Prometheus,

      >***True, nobody except Klemp (or his male replacements) will ever
      attain "Eck mastership." But there are different promises for each
      initiation level.

      >Oh yes, I forgot. Too complicated for my limited brain! ;-)

      No no, it is somewhat complicated, but not too much for you to
      understand. One just needs more years of indoctrination and intense
      brainwashing of the dogma. That's what those leadership classes are
      for!

      >***With the 2nd thru 4th initiations it's not having to return to
      earth for future incarnations. At the 5th it's also being
      established on the 5th "Soul" Plane, having past life karma
      resolved, and reaching Self or Soul Realization/Consciousness. The
      6th and 7th initiations offer Spiritual Realization (and
      higher "settler" positions) and a step closer to the golden carrot
      of God Realization Eck Mastership) and spiritual liberation.
      However, the more initiations and years of delusion tends to take
      its toll on one's ability to see/think more clearly (without Mahanta
      dependence).

      >By that time, the Mahanta dependency is so great that you'd rather
      not contemplate anything critical any more. Because it's difficult
      to let go of all the years and years of serious work to become a co-
      worker with God and the mahanta. I know a 6th initiate who, after
      having read Ford Johnson's book and getting into serious doubts
      about Eckankar, eventually went back to Eckankar. He has received
      his 7th by now, and I hope he is happy now where he is. I let him
      know that I didn't understand how it was possible that after all he
      knew, to go back to Eckankar. Well, that was when I was still a bit
      naive! Today, I understand that people feel the need to go back.
      Now, I am better able to wish them well and to let them go.

      True, critical thinking in regards to Eckankar has been eliminated
      due to total acceptance and trust. One no longer has to think. It's
      like being in the military and doing what you are told. Eckankar
      even has a hierarchy like the military does. Klemp did say that he
      enjoyed his time in the U.S. Air Force, and in the Luthern seminary
      in went to as well.

      If this 6th initiate let anyone know that he had read Ford's book
      and had doubts about Eckankar... then I'm not so sure that he has
      received his 7th by now. If I was his RESA I'd have put him on a
      five year probation!

      >***Eckists on these initiation levels, especially the 7th and 8th,
      tend to see themselves on higher "inner" initiation levels too.

      >Yes there was a long-time eckist who, due to personal
      circumstances, was a 2nd initiate only. She thought herself much
      higher than her outer initiation. While I can understand that this
      happens, I couldn't really follow her in this case - she thought she
      had reached initiation level 20 or higher. That was definitely too
      high for me! :-)

      Yes, there are many long time lower initiate Eckists out there that
      are vain and deluded. They don't keep up with their paid memberships
      and they don't take satsang classes and they don't volunteer and yet
      they think they have higher inner initiations, and even higher than
      what Klemp even claims to have. They really don't get it! One has to
      buy into the whole package and abide by all of the dogma and
      guidelines instead of picking and choosing what one's deluded ego
      wants to believe. Funny, but there are many higher initiates that
      are just as bad with their own egomania and self-deceptions.

      >***Eckists are taught to be co-dependent on the
      outer/inner "Master," through contradictions (i.e., self-reliance)
      and deception (i.e., spiritual freedom and Eck Mastership).

      >Oh yes this is so. And that's what I consider as spiritual crime by
      Harold Klemp.

      True, HK is a spiritual criminal!

      >***As I pointed out before in regards to the Masters 4 Discourse
      Lesson 2 on the Nineth Initiation... there are three stages and the
      third and final stage to that initiation is confirmation on the
      outer! Therefore, wouldn't all initiations have the same
      requirements? How then can Eckists think that they are "higher" than
      their membership cards indicate? This is the same kind of delusion
      that is prevalent, necessary, and required to follow all of the Eck
      dogma! Silly isn't it!

      >Silly and tragic at the same time! But, we all are where we need to
      be at the moment. I think that if Eckists are well informed about
      the critics that exist about Eckankar, and if they still choose it
      to be their path, then so it be. But there are so many out there who
      have no idea about what Eckankar is really about. And they truly
      believe and this belief and the love they put into the path are
      abused. That's a crime!

      Yes, Eckists should not be afraid to read something that is critical
      of Eckankar or of Klemp. They just need to read the material with an
      open mind and contemplate on whether it makes sense or contains some
      truth that should be researched further.

      >***But, if one doesn't have anything better to replace it
      (Eckankar) with then it does give a false sense of security. It's
      really too bad that true spiritual freedom from Twitchell's and
      Klemp's con is only achieved when one sees through the deceit, sees
      real truth and then has the courage to act on it!

      >***True, I met some very nice people and some as deluded as I was!

      >Me, too! ;-)

      >***I also met a lot of social misfits that "hid out" with their
      higher initiations. Most Eckists will overlook "quirky behavior" if
      that person is an H.I.

      >How true! I know of resas (as do you, too, I believe) who really
      exercise strict power in their country. They boost certain people
      they like in the region, while they ignore people they don't like.
      Of course this is very human behavior, but it needs to be
      acknowledged as such and not hid behind pretentions of "higher
      development". This is where deceit begins in my opinion.

      Yes, I know very strict RESAs who follow the guidelines precisely,
      very permissive ones who follow the guidelines loosely and delegate
      everything, and those who are a combination of both. All, however,
      seem to have their favorites for one reason or another.

      >***Yes, Mario is extremely quirky! I found it interesting that Ford
      allows him to post his innuendo's and veiled threats while typically
      Not contributing anything of spiritual value or of higher
      consciousness. One has to wonder if this is Ford's Archilles heel,
      or if something else is taking place. Why is it that B&M can do no
      wrong when they are so wrong! What's Ford's game in turning a blind
      eye to their misbehavior and the cult/con promotions?

      >Well, at the moment all is quiet. Are they rethinking the issue or
      just planning another strategy? :-)

      I would say that they are preparing a couple of very long posts on
      the current TS/HCS topic in order to justify their past positions
      and to tie it all into some kind of spiritual/educational mission.
      Just a guess!