279Re: Eckankar: The H.I. Letter June 2005

  • ctecvie
    Jul 19, 2005
      Hello Prometheus,

      > ***True, nobody except Klemp (or his male replacements) will ever
      > attain "Eck mastership." But there are different promises for each
      > initiation level.

      Oh yes, I forgot. Too complicated for my limited brain! ;-)

      > With the 2nd thru 4th initiations it's not having
      > to return to earth for future incarnations. At the 5th it's also
      > being established on the 5th "Soul" Plane, having past life karma
      > resolved, and reaching Self or Soul Realization/Consciousness. The
      > 6th and 7th initiations offer Spiritual Realization (and "settler"
      > positions) and a step closer to the golden carrot of God
      Realization
      > (Eck Mastership) and spiritual liberation. However, the more
      > initiations and years of delusion tends to take its toll on one's
      > ability to see/think more clearly (without Mahanta dependence).

      By that time, the Mahanta dependency is so great that you'd rather
      not contemplate anything critical any more. Because it's difficult to
      let go of all the years and years of serious work to become a co-
      worker with God and the mahanta. I know a 6th initiate who, after
      having read Ford Johnson's book and getting into serious doubts about
      Eckankar, eventually went back to Eckankar. He has received his 7th
      by now, and I hope he is happy now where he is. I let him know that I
      didn't understand how it was possible that after all he knew, to go
      back to Eckankar. Well, that was when I was still a bit naive! Today,
      I understand that people feel the need to go back. Now, I am better
      able to wish them well and to let them go.

      > Eckists on these initiation levels, especially the 7th and 8th,
      tend
      > to see themselves on higher "inner" initiation levels too.

      Yes there was a long-time eckist who, due to personal circumstances,
      was a 2nd initiate only. She thought herself much higher than her
      outer initiation. While I can understand that this happens, I
      couldn't really follow her in this case - she thought she had reached
      initiation level 20 or higher. That was definitely too high for me! :-
      )

      > Eckists are taught to
      > be co-dependent on the outer/inner "Master," through contradictions
      > (i.e., self-reliance) and deception (i.e., spiritual freedom and
      Eck
      > Mastership).

      Oh yes this is so. And that's what I consider as spiritual crime by
      Harold Klemp.

      > As I pointed out before in regards to the Masters 4
      > Discourse Lesson 2 on the Nineth Initiation... there are three
      > stages and the third and final stage to that initiation is
      > confirmation on the outer! Therefore, wouldn't all initiations have
      > the same requirements? How then can Eckists think that they
      > are "higher" than their membership cards indicate? This is the same
      > kind of delusion that is prevalent, necessary, and required to
      > follow all of the Eck dogma! Silly isn't it!

      Silly and tragic at the same time! But, we all are where we need to
      be at the moment. I think that if Eckists are well informed about the
      critics that exist about Eckankar, and if they still choose it to be
      their path, then so it be. But there are so many out there who have
      no idea about what Eckankar is really about. And they truly believe
      and this belief and the love they put into the path are abused.
      That's a crime!

      >But, if one doesn't
      > have anything better to replace it (Eckankar) with then it does
      give
      > a false sense of security. It's really too bad that true spiritual
      > freedom from Twitchell's and Klemp's con is only achieved when one
      > sees through the deceit, sees real truth and then has the courage
      > act on it!

      > ***True, I met some very nice people and some as deluded as I was!

      Me, too! ;-)

      > also met a lot of social misfits that "hid out" with their higher
      > initiations. Most Eckists will overlook "quirky behavior" if that
      > person is an H.I.

      How true! I know of resas (as do you, too, I believe) who really
      exercise strict power in their country. They boost certain people
      they like in the region, while they ignore people they don't like. Of
      course this is very human behavior, but it needs to be acknowledged
      as such and not hid behind pretentions of "higher development". This
      is where deceit begins in my opinion.

      > ***Yes, Mario is extremely quirky! I found it interesting that Ford
      > allows him to post his innuendo's and veiled threats while
      typically
      > Not contributing anything of spiritual value or of higher
      > consciousness. One has to wonder if this is Ford's Archilles heel,
      > or if something else is taking place. Why is it that B&M can do no
      > wrong when they are so wrong! What's Ford's game in turning a blind
      > eye to their misbehavior and the cult/con promotions?

      Well, at the moment all is quiet. Are they rethinking the issue or
      just planning another strategy? :-)