2720Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Group FYI [Response to Leaf]

  • ewickings
    Jul 3, 2007
      Prometheus and all members,

      This is a very good point to make concerning private emails!    FYI, if a person is really all that concerned about whether a moderator edited or switched a poster's email or address once it gets approved, all one has to do is look at the post in question, to the right and below the date it will say:  "Show message option".  If you click the tiny arrow it will expand the area to show: "View Source", "Use Fixed Width Font", or "Unwrap Lines".    Click the one that says "Show message".  It will then open up the post at the left of the page, and before the actual message it will show who it is from, return path, Received.... Etc which for most people is hard to read let alone understand if you have no clue what you are looking for.  Down toward the bottom of all that strange stuff you will see From, Subject,  X-Yahoo-Group-Post: public or it might say member, if it says public, it means the person sending a post is not a member of the group.  The last line will show:  X-eGroups-Approved-By: either Prometheus or myself.  It will also show if anything was edited, and by which moderator.  This pertains to the message posted on ESA Re: Group FYI

      If this explaination is too difficult for anyone to understand, then I guess the point is not worth explaining further... This is not too difficult to prove to yourselves.  It is impossible to remove or change a person's message without it showing this within the "Show Message Option" as I referrenced.  Of course one way to accomplish doing any editing and posting, would be to forward one of these moderated posts from the original message, and post it yourself as a moderator.  Which in this case in question, was not how it happened!

      Hope everyone has an enjoyable July 4th Holiday week/end.   Liz

      Freedom is an empowering and sobering concept. It gives us the opportunity to succeed, and also to fail. Freedom allows us to make our own way in life. And it requires that we accept the responsibility for that.

      Freedom and responsibility simply cannot exist apart from each other. You can be truly free only by being totally responsible for your life and your actions.

      Though millions have died for it, and most would choose freedom over any alternative, freedom can at times be very frightening. It often imposes difficult decisions, and requires valiant effort to maintain. Though freedom is indisputably the best course, it is seldom the easiest. Yet freedom is worth the effort, for it is a human catalyst that has no equal.

      To be free means being your own person, with your own purpose, and passion, and integrity. And just as it has to thousands of communities and millions of people, true freedom can bring you greatness.

      Ralph Marston