2719Re: Group FYI [Response to Leaf]

    Jul 3 8:55 AM
      FYI- Leaf's/Kent's real name is shown because that's
      how he posted it! Kent was banned under his other
      screen name and, therefore, he either knowingly
      or unknowingly posted under his own address, OR the Yahoo
      server used his default settings (address) in order to be able
      to send the message to this site.

      BTW- There was a threat, by Kent, to expose some private
      e-mails sent to him. My purpose was to try and resolve our
      differences and to respond to his questions without an audience.
      Obviously this attempt to defend myself, answer questions, and
      to end the dispute via these private e-mails was unsuccessful.
      And, let me say, there is nothing in these private e-mails that
      would prove harmful to me. One's imagination can run wild with
      speculation, but there is nothing contained in them that I or
      any objective person would view as a problem. Therefore, the
      threat that the exposure of these private e-mails would prove
      harmful to me or my reputation is baseless.

      FYI To All Members/Posters: Private e-mails will not be shared
      or posted at any time... to do so would be unethical and show a
      lack of character.

      Prometheus

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
      <kentaddleman@...> wrote:

      > I will try once more to reply on this forum, and I post here with the
      > understanding and expectation that my post will not be edited,
      > abbreviated, taken out of context, or changed in any way. If this
      > can't be honored, then please do not reply to me on this forum. Don't
      > write about my posts with your own comments unless you allow readers
      > to see the post entirely verbatim.
      >
      > Readers here are directed to read my posts/replies at
      > either "EckankarTruth" or "X-Eckankar, The Chains of Eck" forums to
      > get an accurate read of my posts. I feel the cross-posting is
      > necessary to insure integrity.

      > Also, I privately told Prometheus in response to his private emails
      > to me that all promises of confidentiality I made regarding his
      > private emails would be rescinded if there were ANY further
      > distortions or misrepresentations of ANYthing I have written.
      >
      > His and Liz's reference to those private emails and their
      > characterization of them does, once again, come close to breaching
      > confidences. If this continues, I will post the private emails
      > verbatim, in order to let readers judge for themselves the content of
      > those emails.
      >
      > Also, I am unlikely to respond to any future private emails from Liz
      > or Prometheus, since there is a distinct possibility that my emails
      > will be further characterized in a bad light.
      >
      > First, I'd like to respond to this statement by Liz:
      >
      > Liz wrote (see her complete post below for context):
      >
      > > And for the record, I didn't edit a post or the wording which was
      > > sent (but not approved) though I did use portions to answer Leaf's
      > > questions. The rest was left out due to the nature of the nasty
      > ness
      > > He can claim what ever he wishes, here or on ET. I have nothing
      > > further to debate with him. BTW, I haven't posted on ET in a very
      > > long time!
      >
      > Leaf Replies:
      >
      > A post of mine, which was not allowed on the ESA forum, was responded
      > to in a post by Liz, who has private access to pending posts by
      > persons who have been placed on "moderated" status. The post was
      > chopped up into fragments, sometimes without complete sentences, and
      > replied to in her own post. The context of my post was changed, and
      > thus what I communicated was distorted in the process. I can't make
      > heads or tails out of some of my own words in her reply. I find this
      > treatment to be highly unethical.
      >
      > In my view, there was nothing in the post that I wrote that was NOT
      > entirely warranted. It was not "nasty."
      >
      > It is a violation of trust for Liz to make ongoing comments about the
      > post, such as claim there was "nastiness" in the post, without
      > posting it exactly as I'd written it, whole and unedited. As I see
      > it, the "nastiness" assertion is being used to justify unnecessary
      > censureship of comments not to their liking.
      >
      > It is also very disturbing to me that both Liz and Prometheus have
> [...]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic