2713Re: Group FYI

    Jul 2, 2007
      Hi Non ekster,
      It seems weird to me as well! It started with Marlasobbing
      coming over here from ET. She, apparently, wanted to share
      (with more people) her frustrations, anger, and some negative
      information about her ex-6th Initiate boyfriend and that he
      wasn't very "spiritual" since he carried a condom next to his
      Eck I.D. card, and that he cheated on her with hookers! Of
      course, I don't know how she really knew about the condom,
      the cheating, or the hookers, but it was a juicy story about a
      male H.I. misbehaving (which is really nothing new for either
      gender for Eckists in general). She, also, mentioned how he
      had taken her for an E.S.A. session and that she liked this
      female H.I. and, basically, said that the E.S.A. was very
      convincing with her silver tongue and friendly demeanor.

      I don't see that the term Victim Consciousness is always a
      New Age term, especially, when it's applied to the wrong
      "relationship" choices that we make. Sometimes the rejected
      person will place all blame on the other person while not taking
      responsibility for making a bad choice, seeing the signs, and
      admitting they screwed up. Closing one's eyes to the truth and
      then blaming the other person or someone else, to me, is a form
      of Victim Consciousness. It's kind of like how some women will
      choose "bad boys" and then not take responsibility for it or fail
      to (and refuse to) look into the "why" and then taking the steps
      to correct their destructive decision making processes. Life becomes
      one long drama or soap opera for some people. Maybe they enjoy
      the attention too! I'm not saying this was what Marla was doing,
      but it seemed like it was possible and after awhile. It wasn't like
      it was a super long relationship (one year) IMO. Plus, she still saw
      it in a "romantic" way! That's why I agreed with Liz and said that
      it was seeming like this was a one-sided version (of the truth)
      from a woman scorned. I know that I should not have "talked about"
      Marla nor made this observation or assumption, but then again it
      reminded me of situations in the past where I saw others caught in
      similar circumstances and one heard only one side of the relationship
      story.

      Leaf then came to Marla's defense while being unaware of Zoey's
      neg. involvment. Zoey (he/she) got very nasty on the site and privately.
      There was also confusion with what was said to whom. I was unable
      to discuss this with Leaf privately because he had already formed an
      opinion. I put Leaf on temporary moderated status because I didn't
      want to keep the discussion escalating. Unfortunately Liz (Co-moderator)
      read a pending message and replied to it in part. This created even
      more disharmony which became impossible to resolve.

      Anyway, it was an interesting learning experience. I admit that
      there were mistakes made (people aren't perfect) and that it could
      have been done better and kinder and there could have been more
      tolerance and consideration given to one another. So for that, on my
      part, I apologize to Marla and to everyone.

      Prometheus
      p.s. I do appreciate Liz being a Co-moderator and taking care of
      the sites while I am away. Thanks Liz!