2623The Delusions of "ECK" Experiences

    Jun 7, 2007
      Hi Mish and All,
      I see where many Eckists believe in their
      religion due to their imagined "Eck/master
      experiences." I've had many things happen
      to me that I could attribute to the "Mahanta"
      if I were still an Eckist looking for a story
      to share.

      For example: While on a road trip recently I
      was thinking how nice it would be to have a
      Starbucks skinny orange mocha with no whip
      cream. Well, I noticed that I should get gas
      and took the next exit. In order to get back
      on the freeway I had to drive down a long winding
      road. This was very unusual and I wondered where
      it was taking me. Well guess what?! It took me
      to a Starbucks! After getting my Grande skinny
      orange mocha with froth (and an extra shot),
      I saw where the road took me back to the Interstate.
      Now was this the Mahanta giving me a nudge? Nope!
      It was me operating as Soul and listening to Spirit
      without the phoney Mahanta taking credit for it.

      There are hundreds of examples of these same kind
      of events that we all have. And, No Mahanta is Needed
      for any of them!

      If you have any to share please do!

      Prometheus

      mish wrote:

> [...]
      > say that the other is just not as advanced a Soul. There is just
      so
      > much arrogance that grows into one's personality when believing
      all
      > the nonsense of the eckankar teachings--as eckists learn this
      > arrogance from Klemp's writings and talks in particular. There is
      no
      > such thing as a humble true blue eckist--it is quite
      contradictory.
      > One cannot be a true blue eckist and remain humble. It is a rather
      > amusing predictament for eckists if they really look at themselves
      > individually--look at what is festering truly on the Inner.
      >
      > Still, on another note, I am looking forward to seeing what "new"
      > changes will be taking place within the eckankar org by the time
      of
      > the next EWWS! I still predict that Joan will be revealed as a
      > rightful female eck master and thus she will be able to help HK
      > remain on his throne! HK's book "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" is a
      > cunning ploy to pave the way for Joan's taking over some of the
      power
      > in the eck org. Such a fairy tale spin is presently under
      contruction
      > and behind the curtains in Chanhassen! HK believes he can pull
      this
      > off, because he knows how gullible his followers are! LOL!

      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, tee green
      > <xekweed@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Prometheus and Everyone,
      > >
      > > Thanks for getting back to me about Phil. I'm not at all
      > surprised that he is still active in the organization. After all,
      he
      > and many others have so much invested in it. I admit, when I was a
      > member, I did enjoy his work. I think the tone of the writer can
      > affect the reader deeply if the writer understands this and has
      the
      > talent to achieve it.
      > > Your posts on "Letters to Gail" reminded me of the
      impression
      > I had of PW while he "wrote" these "letters"- in my mind I
      pictured
      > him in a hurry, traveling the world unearthing more hidden
      knowledge
      > and taking the time to tutor this young woman. So intellectual and
      > romantic, huh? Now, by reading how it really was,
      > > I feel so dumb! There he was, copying the material into phony
      > letters in his apartment with her right there proofreading them.
      This
      > is just further proof to me of what this organization started out
      as
      > and what it remains today. Funny thing is that HK's writing never
      had
      > this effect on me- his writing tone was flat and lacked feeling to
      > me. I began to view them as dry lectures with the heavy dogma that
      > found in other religions.
      > > If I may, I would like to recommend a website- Beyond
      Belief
      > 2006- great video clips in which the scientific community reviews
      > religious beliefs and questions the validity of them and the
      effect
      > it has on us.
      > >
      > > http://beyondbelief2006.org/
      > >
      > > Happy Friday!
      > >
      > > Kaye

      > > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative
      > vehicles.
      > > Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic