258Re: Eckankar: The H.I. Letter June 2005

    Jul 14 7:32 AM
      We even held a Harji Potluck at our home one time! At one point
      during the affair, I stepped into my kitchen to find an Eckist
      explaining to another Eckist what was good to eat and what wasn't.
      She even had pulled a container out of my refrigerator pointing to
      the listed "unhealthy" ingredients that was in a certain food. When
      she saw me, she pulled me into the discussion to enlighten me as
      well! : ) Later, this Eckist told me that she got into some serious
      problems with her heart for following some of those Eck
      recommended "healthy" diets she had been following. She's doing okay
      now, and we enjoy an occasional lunch together where food is no
      longer the central topic, but rather just one aspect of our time.

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Greg and Liz
      <whitefeatherliz@y...> wrote:

      > mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@y...> wrote
      > >Regarding those Harji potlucks, I always found it helpful to
      either eat well before going or stop someplace afterwards to get a
      real meal!

      > ** LOL, sounds familiar! How many of us actually tried eating
      what we thought was healthy because of a certain Twitch book, or
      recommendations of books by the Klumpster? I for one did, and found
      myself eventually having illnesses I created by trying to do the
      eckclone thing....

      > >It seemed so much of the social discussion evolved around
      the "right" dietary food--avoid this and avoid that sort of
      discussion which was so boring and certainly took away from the
      enjoyment of the dining!

      > ** This reminds me of the Stepford Wives movie remake.... the
      whole ecksocial thing. But honestly, once I stopped trying to
      become healthy, I regained my health!
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic