238Re: HCS discussion

    Jul 5, 2005
      Hi, Truthdecider!

      Just some thoughts on your post here:

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "truthdecider"
      <truthdecider@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Prometheus,
      >
      > For me, there is a balance and a co-existence of these kinds
      > of "conspiracy" experiences, and real "spiritual" experiences.
      > Having had both types of experiences, I think that they both can
      be
      > valid and have a place in understanding the world that we live in.
      >
      > I understand that it is very easy for people to be very unbalanced
      > when it comes to the "conspiracy-like" topics, and to go off of
      the
      > deep end into the seemingly ridiculous very easily. However, this
      > tendency in the "conspiracy following" people does not necessarily
      > invalidate all of the theories that they are exploring.

      I don't think that Prometheus meant to invalidate all of the
      theories, but perhaps he will clarify this himself. You are correct
      on this, however--and I will add that the 2nd gunman theory in the
      JFK assassination is still a probable for me! : )

      Also, I have read a few books about 9/11/2001, and there is much to
      explore there as well. However, I don't believe in the planes being
      flown by the government and the passengers being government
      employees, etc. I also do not believe in the flash video that has
      been posted on various websites about the crash into the Pentagon.
      The flash video is irritating and seems to be an ultimate
      brainwashing tool--keep watching it and you will surely believe the
      theories, you'll be brainwashed into believing it. I'd rather see a
      slower video and let my brain figure it out. So I only watched it a
      couple of times, and realized it was dangerous to the mind
      (subliminal message).

      > For example, as a native New Yorker, with friends in the NYPD, and
      > the FDNY, I can tell you that it is not just the New Age
      conspiracy
      > folks that are very suspicious about what really happened on 9/11.
      > There is a large coalition of Fire Fighters, Policemen (some of
      the
      > Police and Firemen were actually on the scene on 9/11, or lost
      > friends and family that day), Building Engineers, Veteran Combat
      > Pilots, etc. that are suing the entire Bush administration to try
      > and force them to reopen the 9/11 investigation. They are doing
      this
      > because of how many holes and inconsistencies these professionals
      > feel exist in the official explanation of what happened that day.
      We
      > can't just dismiss all of these educated professionals as
      imbalanced
      > just because what they are saying doesn't fit with the mass
      media's
      > version of the story. That would be dangerously short sighted of
      us
      > if we did.

      I think that the Bush administration is exceedingly corrupt, whether
      he is aware himself to its depth or he is just being used by the
      manipulators. I recently read, "102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the
      Fight to Survive Inside The Twin Towers" by Jim Dwyer and Kevin
      Flynn. It is an interesting read which also discusses the buildings'
      construction, the building codes, the firemen and policemen who
      worked on the scene and so forth. There's a lot of good information,
      and it shows how government agencies do not always work well
      together and that old codes and regulations were not up to date,
      etc.

      > My own history of childhood abuse and its related self-hate issues
      > that I still struggle with may make me more susceptible to cult-
      > speak in general, which, as I mentioned in my last post, I am
      > painfully aware of. But this doesn't put me in the category of
      being
      > mentally/emotionally imbalanced. My hard won awareness through
      first
      > hand experience of the fact that there are many things that our
      > government is lying to us about does not put me in this category
      > either.

      I don't think you are in that "category of being
      mentally/emotionally imbalanced" either--and I doubt that anyone
      reading your posts, including Prometheus, would think so. : ) As
      for the government lying, well, yes, it is a daily occurance and
      anyone who believes all the spins that are put out there would
      indeed be very foolish. I also think believing in the opinions of
      the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and others is also just as
      confusing and not very factual. However, I do enjoy John Stewart on
      the Daily Show--now, he is fun! : )

      > All I'm saying is that I think we need to be careful not to rush
      > judgment about all of this too quickly, or over-generalize it, and
      > lump it all together in one pot, and call all of it completely
      > crazy.

      Perhaps, the intent was not to lump it all in one pot--sometimes for
      dramatics one might make what seems a sweeping statement. I have
      done it myself--maybe even in this post. : )