2204Re: greetings

  • naranjansalibi
    Feb 1, 2007
      <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

      >Plus, it makes a good impression for the gullible
      >to read this in the bio flap when deciding to purchase the
      eckancrap >books.

      Hi mish,

      Yeah. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the "who's who in..."
      series is a form of vanity press. But I suppose it might seem
      legitimate to the kind of people who buy their religion from the
      back pages of tv guide and deep cable infomercials.

      I have to say, I've never read any of HKs "books" all the way
      through. I could rarely even get through those mystic world notes of
      his or the H.I. letters for most of the time I was still getting
      them in the mail. It seemed like he was always nursing a black eye,
      or a stubbed toe, or grumbling about all the bad, ungrateful,
      karmically doomed chelas who just weren't "getting" the awesome
      godliness of his slick new reinvented religion. Harold's writings
      have always been about as dreary and inspiring as those old catholic
      tracts we'd get at church when I was a kid. They'd rant on and on
      about abysmally dull things like communism, birth control and
      endless booster club fundraisers.

      Harold's talks were a lot like his writing too as I recall. Did you
      ever notice that his talks all sounded alike after awhile? I used to
      say he was directly channeling "God's own bird-feeder secrets and
      kitty cat wisdom". I also remember he would offer lots of good
      advice about surviving and "winning" in the harsh game of eck
      hierarchy climbing. If you break it down, the spirituality of
      eckankar comes pretty much out of a "survival of the fittest/natural
      selection" paradigm. (Ironically, that would be considered Darwinian
      wouldn't it? - heh-heh).

      Ask any of his followers. They all cast themselves with basically
      the same cliche images of dominance. Check it out. Even the way the
      LEM has assumed "the rod" each time - always quite contentious and
      embattled. Darwin punked Paul by tagging his wife Gail. Harold
      knocked Darwin off the hay pile with the heavy guns of public
      slander and demonizing, coupled with plenty of legal fire power.
      That's the current that runs through - same as it always was. In the
      tradition, I wonder how the next one will rise and topple our boy
      HK...

      It's funny actually how they get away with selling such obvious
      banality with the books, tapes and seminars - while at the same time
      convincing the followers they're beyond all the ordinary conventions
      and agreements of human life without ever producing a modicum of
      proof. Ever notice how everyone in eck sees themselves as an eagle,
      or a ram, or a swordsman, while non/ex-eckists are the teeming
      masses, the goats, foxes, jackals and worms? (Don't tell them Harold
      thinks of them all as a bunch of helpless dewey little chickens in a
      hen house.) Ever notice how everyone in eckankar is convinced they
      posess the penetrating insight and loftiest overview of the highest -
      even while repeatedly and demonstrably WRONG, or merely copping the
      off-the-shelf postures and verbiage of their h.i. sub-gurus?

      Ahhh. You gotta love 'em. May the godlings bless their copyrighted
      little hearts...

      :->
      naranjan's alibi
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic