2149Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: 12/2006 MYSTIC WORLD - Ask the Master #1

    Jan 15, 2007
      In a message dated 1/15/07 2:48:29 PM Central Standard Time, prometheus_973@... writes:

      Hello All,
      Doug Marman once said, "Yes, I would say a lot of what is taught
      about Eckankar is a myth. Yes, I think a lot of what people think
      about the Holocaust is made up of myth as well." (2/8/2004,
      A Few Responses) http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBB.asp
      <snip

      Prometheus,

         Thanks for sharing that link. It didn't take me to the post,
      but I did manage to find it nevertheless. The link is:

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBBprn.asp?st=268&
      page=168#m264

         I have not read all of the posts on T.S., however I probably should.
      Besides some posts by Doug, I also saw the name James Davis as
      well.

         Actually I pretty much like Doug as a writer. That is my opinion
      and I am entitled to it. I didn't have time to read through all of the
      posts, however I did find this illustration:

      [....]

      4.  Did Paul Twitchell use other writers words and put his Eck
      masters names on them as if the Eck Master were saying them?

      Yes.

      [....]

         I believe this response is from the same post (A Few
      gave the correct link.

         This question and answer was something that I myself
      had contemplated on a number of times, however I had not
      read that post until today.

         On another note (change of topic), here is some further
      trivia about that Babaji character:

      Shri Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahasaya (1828-1895) [NP] Known
      as a Yogavatar ("Incarnation of Yoga"), Lahiri Mahasaya was
      a supervisor, married with children, working for the construction
      department of the Railway Company in Varanasi. One day in
      1861 his office sent him by "mistake" (in fact a transfer brought
      about by the mystical power of Babaji himself) to the Ranikhet
      mountains, where Babaji appeared to him and initiated him into
      Kriya Yoga, and gave him the mission to spread it to the world.
      [....]

      http://www.hariharananda.org/english/who_we_are/kriya/kriya
      _linage.htm

         "Throughout the history of creation, the divine teachings of
      Kriya Yoga were introduced and lost countless times, in
      accordance with the different cycles of human consciousness.
         "The contemporary re-introduction of Kriya Yoga began in 1861
      in a remote mountain cave in northern India, and has been since
      then transmitted through an unbroken lineage of realized masters."

      http://www.hariharananda.org/english/who_we_are/kriya/kriya
      _linage.htm

      According to Yogananda, Kriya Yoga was well-known in
      ancient India, but was eventually lost, due to "priestly secrecy
      and man’s indifference." The story of Lahiri Mahasaya receiving
      initiation into Kriya Yoga by the immortal yogi Mahavatar Babaji
      in 1861 is recounted in Autobiography of a Yogi.[2] At that meeting,
      Yogananda wrote that Mahavatar Babaji told Lahiri Mahasaya,
      "The Kriya Yoga that I am giving to the world through you in this
      nineteenth century, is a revival of the same science that Krishna
      gave milleniums ago to Arjuna; and was later known to Patanjali
      and Christ."

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriya_Yoga

         "According to some, Babaji is a deathless Yogi who
      is still living somewhere in the Himalayas, whilst others
      think that he takes human form once in a while in order
      to accomplish specific purposes, keeping his body young
      by a yogic process called "Kaya Kalpa". For more information
      read Roy Eugene Davis' book "Life surrendered in God"
      - 1993 - Csa Press. Since 1946, nobody knew about his
      existence. Yogananda mentioned him in the book "autobiography
      of a yogi" (which was first published in 1946), and recently
      lots of people have claimed to be disciples of his.
      Obviously, most of these statements are not true. As most
      of you probably know, Krishna is the main character of the
      "Bhagavad-Gita". Considered by Hindu people as an avatar
      of Vishnu, in the Bhagavad-Gita Krishna shows to Arjuna
      the way to soul liberation. According to some, the "Krishna"
      described in the Gita is a fictional character."

      http://www.angelfire.com/yt/KRIYAYOGA/index.html

         There are too many references to mention, but in more than
      one place it appeared that (according to some) this Babji has
      "instructed" people to give out certain teachings and even to
      write books.

         It was 1945 when Paul Twitchell moved to Washington D.C.
      He had been a writer for Our Navy magazine. Yogananda's
      book was published in 1946. In 1950, Paul Twitchell and his
      wife, Camille Ballowe, joined the Self-Revelation Church of
      Absolute Monism [D.C.] and Paul reportedly wrote for The
      Mystic Cross. And though I would imagine that Paul was at
      the time familiar with this Babaji legend, personally I wouldn't
      say that Rebazar Tarzs and Babaji are the same character.
      There do appear to be similarities in both of their "legends"
      and I don't doubt that these are the only legends about old
      Masters appearing to people on the inner or the outer.

         I would venture to guess that there are any number of
      ancient Masters on the inner and the outer who can be
      of assistance for various individuals. And though some
      accounts are probably fabricated from legend and myth
      I tend to believe that they are not all fiction. This is but
      a personal opinion and belief that I hold for good reason.
      To claim that there are no such things as spiritual guides
      and/or masters is not totally fair in my book. However, at
      the same time I would argue that most of the accounts
      are from personal experiences by a variety of individuals
      and that not all of the accounts agree. IMO some do and
      some don't.

         Something that does appear to matter about spiritual
      guidance (IMO) is whether or not it helps people who are
      receptive to it, by whatever vehicle it comes to them. And
      then there is (perhaps) the personal element to consider
      and whether or not we can legistate what a person's spiritual
      experience ought to be. Obviously this appears to be what
      we have no right to do with regard to another person and
      their spiritual beliefs. Well, at least to an extent. Like, I
      wouldn't say that "human sacrifice" should be condoned
      in the name of religion.

         BTW, if I should come across like someone trying to ram
      "religion" down people's throats, I should apologize for that.
      It is not nowadays something that appeals to me to do - not
      after looking at the consequences. So I try to share in the
      way of stated opinion, personal observation, and especially
      with questions. However, people sharing their experiences
      (whether religion or not) does not have to equate to twisting
      other people's arms, but IMO can be a natural human social
      tendency toward free expression. IMO the bigger problems
      come when we try and force other people to adopt particular
      beliefs that don't really seem to work for them.