2099Re: ECK Higher Initiations Are a Mixed Bag o...

  • tomleafeater
    Jan 2, 2007
      <ctecvie@...> wrote:

      > Kent,
      >
      > I enjoy your posts greatly - also those on a.r.e. because you are
      one
      > of the few ones to express themselves clearly. I'm glad to read you
      > on ESA, too.
      >
      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
      > <tianyue@> wrote:

      > > etznab@ wrote:
      >
      > ---snipped---
      > > > I'll say this much, however. From 1968 to 1970 is only
      > > > about two years. Darwin must have received the 5th, like,
      > > > really soon after the 2nd. Unless he skipped the 2nd and
      > > > went right to the 5th.
      > > >

      > > In those days, people flew through the initiations. People
      > > commonly would get initations every year, until they were
      > > "slowed down" a couple of years later. Samorez, a fellow who
      > > posts once in a while on a.r.e. went from the second to the
      fifth,
      > > skipping everything in between. I remember the story, since he
      > > lived in my local area. He knew Twitchell and Gail and thus
      > > received a favor.
      >
      > *** My husband knew Bettine Clemen, the flute player, when she was
      > still in Germany and also in Austria. She told him and a few others
      > at the time that on one day, she got the fourth and the fifth
      > initiation, one after the other.
      > Ingrid

      Right. Eckankar needed leaders and representatives quickly to
      maintain growth, so the initiations were really flying during those
      times. H.I. were swaggering about like giddy, drunken sailors who had
      too much to drink all at once.

      By the way, thanks for the feedback on my posts. Sometimes I think I
      post just for they fun of writing. But usually when I read my own
      stuff, I often come close to deleting it before I post it! Then I
      say, what the heck, and post it anyway. Funny, that.

      Kent
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic