1822Nobody Perfect?

  • makiztor
    Nov 2, 2006
      Prometheus,

      There are some animals that still have more of a third eye organ
      remaining, than do humans. Also, animals can sense by instinct when a
      person is angry, when a person is hurt, and even when a person is
      ill. They don't have to "think" about it. Some animals have more
      acute senses of sight and hearing. In some respects animal instinct
      is far superior to human instinct because an animal doesn't have such
      an extensive rational mind that can explain away another individual's
      pain. For example, an animal might not think to itself "Well that
      person doesn't have any right to be angry. That person doesn't have
      any right to be sad or feel hurt. Afterall, it's their problem not
      mine." Quite to the contrary, an animal simply knows.

      Humans also have an animal body complete with instinct. But if you
      ask me, the general difference between humans and other animals is
      that humans have a more developed brain (than do other animals - a
      possible exception being the dolphin, etc.) in relation to the size
      of their bodies. Neanderthal Man had a larger brain capacity than
      Homo Sapiens.

      Developed brain capaity can be a plus factor, but it can also be
      the reverse. Animals don't generally threaten an entire planet with
      nuclear catastrophe. Maybe their instinct tells them that this is
      wrong. That it could lead to their extinction. Some humans, on the
      other hand, will knowingly threaten the lives of millions (along with
      the planet) for personal power, profit, and gain.

      In your post you included (from Questions for the Master, Youth in
      Eck, The Letter of Light, 10/2006) some of the following quotes:

      [HK] "Inexperience means some degree of unawareness. Of what?"

      [HK] "Of each Soul's divine nature. And as Soul gains in spiritual
      awareness, GOD ALSO GAINS IN MORE AWARENESS OF ITSELF. YOU SEE THIS
      IS THE PLUS FACTOR IN ECK. THERE IS ALWAYS ONE MORE STEP TO GO
      [God?]." [my brackets]

      [HK] "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. IT'S AN
      ILLUSION."

      Here is another quote, one I believe comes from one of HK's
      earliest books:

      "Even after reaching the top, the Kingdom of God must be rewon every
      day." [Soul Travelers of the Far Country]

      You appear to make the case that Harold Klemp is not God, is not
      perfect, and will always have more to learn (the plus element). You
      seem to make the case that his successor will have a higher state of
      awareness than does he (at least I believe it is fair to hope so). I
      don't necessarily disagree with any of this. In fact, I know that HK
      implied that Paul Twitchell was not a God. It has also become evident
      that PT's successor, Darwin Gross, was not a God either - according
      to HK. So is it two down and one to go? Or has HK already admitted
      that he is NOT a God either?

      "[....] Paradoxical as it may seem, my point in bringing out all of
      this has been to strengthen your faith in the Mahanta - but not at
      the expense of making a god out of the Mahanta's vehicle, which is
      the Living ECK Master. It's a price we cannot afford to pay. As soon
      as we set someone above us, in potential or in fact, we have
      committed a crime against ourselves: We have limited the opportunity
      for our own unfoldment. [....]"

      [Based on: Harold Klemp, International Youth Conference, Las Vegas,
      NV, April 21, 1984]

      Personally I can tell you that I don't equate the Mahanta with the
      Mahanta's vehicle. Which is the Living ECK Master. I have tried to
      explain this in a number of ways, but pointed out that people have
      been doing the reverse for hundreds of years! Not only in one single
      religion (They might not have used the same words, but the principle
      was very much the same.) Personally, I don't like this any more than
      you.